Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wheels For A Ke55 Sedan

Which wheel for my car? 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Which wheel for my car?

    • 1
      60%
      15
    • 2
      40%
      10
    • 3
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 127
  • Views 92.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

3 piece wheels, what do you expect? I think the guy from Simmons Direct quoted me $3K for rrp on these wheels!!!!!

I'd most likely buy them through the trading post or a forum or something. They'd need to ber ULTRA CLEAN before I look at buying them though.

 

I'll see how this thread ends up. But I am tilting towards the B45s.

  • Author

I remember the Versa Series....

They made RX series cars look tough as nails!

ANY small old school four for that matter!

Alot of people color code Simmons to either suit their paint work or the Simmons color range.

I Personally wouldnt go the simmons. Sure they might look OK, but every tom dick and harry has them now. They used to be seen as a prestigeous wheel, now every second commodore has them.

 

If its a showcar, go for something original - or at least something that hasnt been seen on every other car. (i don't mean some stupid chrome ricey 17" wheels either, though).

 

Your going to spend $4000 on a paint job, $$$$$ on a stereo and custom interior - Then the first group of young blokes to see the final product will say "Hey boys, its got Simmons like the ones on my Commodore".

Well maybe not - but you can see the point i am making.

  • Author

Just been heartbroken!!

 

The Vegas are no longer in production! The Momo Sports are available still but I'm looking around the $2300rrp mark including tyres. So my only shot of getting Vegas wheels is 2nd hand.

 

Kanga, valid point you brought to my attnetion. I do want this car to look different. So that's the point of this thread. I may be tilting towards the B45s, but ifanybody has other wheels to suggest, as the 6 spokers you were showing me previously, then I am open to suggestions from all. I value any opinion (providing it ain't ridiculous, of course) lol

  • Author

How about these...

mht_puma_lg.jpg

 

They have been around, but I have noticed not many people buy them. They would be different, but I suppose I'd wanna keep right the hell away from the kerbs, hey? hahaha

They are hyper fangs - or something like that. I know a few blokes that have them on gemini's. They look OK, but not my cup of tea.

A mate of mine Photoshopped this a few years ago. It gives you an idea of what simmons b45's look like on similar shaped car to yours anyway.

Pity they look like they are 21" wheels though.

post-9-1117255032.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

  • Author

These are the HyperFangs

 

sHyper_Fang.JPG

 

 

The other wheels 3 posts up are called Vigors

 

The HyperFangs are a traditional look, but one that you'd go to if you can't find a decent wheel to suit.

 

 

The B45s on the car, hmm.... its missing something. It doesn't look WOW to me. IT only looks crazy because they look like 21s as you pointed out :)

 

Hmm.... decisions decisions.... Keep the options coming...

Edited by Tiger

I fell in love with these when i saw them on the KE55 that Junior was doing up. The best wheels EVER (my opinion only). Its a shame they are rare.

Nick tells me the only place i might find them are Jap importers. I think if you could find something similar to these, then you could be onto a winner. Ohh, the wheels are "Zeptors".

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/index.php...pters.jpg&idx=0

 

 

BTW - the build-up / progress pics on Juniors KE55 don't work anymore.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...&hl=junior+ke55

Edited by kangaroosa

none of them except the simmons, maybe the zepters

nothing over 14"

but that's just me :)

depends what sort of corolla

 

ke10 looks dumb with anything over 13". a ke20 with 14s looks huge, they look idiotic with anything bigger unless you do the rest of the car up to suit

 

i think a ke30 shape looks good with certain 15s but it's easy to ruin the overall impression of the car, and tyres start to get expensive

 

the ke70 shape lends itself to larger wheels, similar to a cressida or skyline of similar shape. but again, tyres are well expensive, and it depends alot on the style of wheel. then again, i don't understand how 95% of people can stand to look at the aftermarket mags they buy, so maybe i'm odd :)

 

i'd stick with 14x6 and get some decent 185/60/14s. unless you're building the car just for looks, tyres should be your first priority to get decent handling and stopping

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.