Ms56 Crown Ute(s)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pfft, $2000 grand, thats not even half of what i spent all up getting that suspension under there.

And timeframe depends on money, if i get fulltime work then i can get more done, if i stay unemployed then i can't do much to it. It wont be as high dollar as the rolla as its gonna be a cruiser but i want as much as possible to be new, I'm sick of dealing with 2nd hand shit that fails.

Either way, I'll b sure to let u know when I'm starting on it coz I'm gonna need a fair bit of help 2 lift the body off.

1st things first tho, i gotta get the wags running and go from there.

Nice, is that the one with the dicky seat in the rear? If so, awesome :)

I'm hoping that in the next few weeks i can get into these crowns and start restoring all the little bits and pieces, i havent got the space, time or money to do much else as yet unfortunately.

I am in negotiations with the olds about getting my own garage on there property tho which could work out well :P

Whilst the massive wheels do seem like a good idea, its really not as big a car as it looks, its only a little bigger than an xt130 corona so the 20"s are a little over kill.

The main plan is to have it looking as period (read: not stock but from the right era) so, stock looking interior (bench seat, column shifted auto etc) stock looking exterior (nice plain colour, all the factory chromework) but modify the f*%k out of the chassis so it handles a little better, stops a whole bunch better, and sits as low as is possible. Engine wise, as ststed above, will be a 350 chev and auto.

Lol, thanks man, i actually drove a crown ute with a 307 and a 4 speed, yeah it went pretty well :y:

I'm hoping to at least get thru some of the parts soon, just organise everything and start restoring little bits and pieces since i have no moneys

Also, does anybody know where i can get 2 ute bodies soda blasted cheap? i only want the 2 bodies done, and the better of the 2 coated in a rust preventitive.

in nsw? prefferebly central west but i'll travel 2 sydney if the price is right

Edited by Fat Bastard Customs

Ok, i went thru all the spares today and i found some cool stuff and some let downs, firstly tho...

Kids, if u are taking the tailgate off a ute that has been obviously pulled apart at some point, make sure that you check that the hinges are connected :wink: my foot now hurts a fair bit

Now, the pros:

i have a decent set of tail lights

a heap of cool trim spares

a few pieces of chrome and stainless trim that i really needed

a decent rear view mirror

rego papers

an interior light that looks nearly brand new

2 good doors

a spare tailgate

a heap of spare vents and the like that i can use to fill all the blocked off holes

the cons

i have no decent front beaver

no headlights

no grill

no dash pad

Now coz I'm pretty much unemployed atm an have no money, I'm gonna start restoring all the little bits and pieces and putting them away for when i have the cash to properly start on this thing.

Hopefully i'll get a few pics of the rust and dents on the good ute in the next few days