W.a Approved Modifications

kangaroosa

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 10 months later...

Ok those pages didnt work So I have some new links from the department of planning and infrastructure, Licensing department.

Standards

This is a list of the vehiscle standards required for Licensing in WA.

Mods

This is an article about vehicle modifications.

Legal

This is a list of mods you don't need approval for.

Yellow

This is about the dreaded yellow sticker and when they can and can't put it on, and about getting it removed.

Application

And here is an application form to get approval for your mods if they didnt appear on the list of mods not requiring approval...

Happy moding :D :)

• 4 years later...
Links all seem to be broken, anyone know if a 5k 5speed will be a problem going over the pits?

Car had a factory 3k-h k40, ive never gone over pits here with a old car, and traps they like getting you on?

did you have to cut the floor pan?

if not it was a factory option, so i don't see why it would not go over.

• 6 months later...

Anyone know the go with Ke70 5k? If i have to engineer wouldnt be worth it.

Cheers

Hay man, just put my ke36 over the pits with a 5k in it, not the original 3k, they didn't even mention it

only things they picked on were torn hood lining, key pulls out with ign on and fuel smell in cabin

Wow thats interesting, Maybe they missed it?? I would like to do mine legally tho..

Well they checked the engine number as the 5k engine number is now on the pit inspection sheet, in all honesty i doubt he even new it was a larger cc engine as they look the same

Yea Understandable, was reading some laws last night

And came over some good info

These were some laws the stated you would not need Enginnering Cert to be legal.

1Fitting equivalent engines with an increase of up to 20% of original power. - 4k = 58hp 5k = 70hp which is 20%

2)Fitting a manufacturer’s optional engine together with any associated components as

supplied by the manufacturer for that same model vehicle - The 5k was offered in the ke70 in japan

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP3_Section_LA_Engine_01jan2011_v3.pdf

Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

so mofo helpfull

to bad te72s didnt come with 3tgte >|

I know it's an old post, but think about it. Didn't the TE 72 come out with a 3T engine. I don't want to give too much away, but look at your original engine number... now look at the 3tgte engine number... notice any similarities?

There is a form you need to fill out, but it shouldn't need to go over the pits!!!