Love Ke70's Hks 1g 2 Door Ke70

love ke70

Members dont see this ad

sorry mr trev i have to disagree with you on that one.

lets face it, why are you pulling the head? cause its got a blown headgasket. its prob cooked it therefor warping it and a coolant passage finding its way into the oil gallery

how would you feel if you pulled a shifty, slapped it back together and after 20km its a milkshake under there?

yeap, i would never do a head without skimming it, cheap insurance. is this the first time ive agreed with something you've said evan? :P

adam, i shall do :)

Give this number a call 31629672 and let him (Eric) know then, I am sure that the info you have supplied will be a great help since nearly every engine we rebuild has been because of over heating and not one head has been warped and not one has come back with a blown head gasket.

we all know compairing a dirty k motor to a well enginered vg30 is a different story.

others wont risk doing it dodgy and repeating the work twice.

if they get a straight edge a measure the head with feeler gauges it should be ok.

as you recommended with a scoring pad..... food for thought

so today i degreased everything, as the auto looks like it just pours all the fluid its given from every possible orifice, so tomorrow i will fill it up, and try and find where it actually does leak from, now theres half an inch less grease on it.

was gonna do it this arvo but did some driving around to deliver some stuff then dug about 40m of drainage trenching. so atleast my shed will stop flooding :)

and the car needed to dry after the high pressure hosing it got, so i might get to it tomorrow :)

we have movement :)

about a litre of auto fluid and she was moving back and forward all by herself :)

now i gotta do some more driving around, and then continue working on my drainage problem when i get home, but maybe ill get to do a little work on it later :)

brakes seem to work alright too, if not for the 4 foot of pedal travel before they do anything :P

and i really really need to make mention of the man who made this all possible

elvin,

he runs wes toy connection, and is a parts sourcer on the west coast, hence me getting a california car, having somewhere to store it for over 3 months, in his driveway as i bought the tools, having somewhere to ship everything i bought inside the US, he even bought the tools for me once i sent him the money, then having someone to take the car to the shipping yard. I would not have been able to do this without him. And I'm pretty sure i offended him more than once doubting his honest intentions, but never did he do wrong by me, so anyone who needs anything from the states, get in contact with him.

the things we went through to get this car are beyond a brief explanation, but things like whole days at the DMV and inspections by state police were all done out of good will and wanting to help me out.

http://3tcgarage.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=102

and its now seeming he has shipped me a very good car.

and the 5 kilo of crack in the spare wheel sorta made it worthwhile too :lolcry:

alight, so yesterday i only got a couple of hours on the car, identified why it had next to no brake fluid in it, leaking rear brake cylinders. big surprise there hey :P

so replaced the pair of those for $32 and bled all the brakes.

car doesnt actually drive too bad :)

also identified 2 major oil leaks, there was no copper washer on the sump plug, so that was an easy fix, and the sump pan on the auto was leaking out all 4 sides, and had high temp red sealant on it, so i thought, owell, i can check the bolts. they were all loose a good turn, some finger tight, so tightened that up and its no longer leaking :)

remaining leaks are tranny -> tailshaft seal, and 3 points on the oil cooler hoses for the auto.

damn i hate autos...

so today i got the whole car in the air, and checked the front brakes, right hand side was binding completely, so pulled that caliper, cleaned up the seized piston, and got it ready to go back together.

pulled the tailshaft and the seal out the back of the auto, tailshaft has a massive wear groove in, hence it leaking

centre bearing was ready to fall apart on the tailshaft

gearbox mount was disintegrating, just like every other rubber component in the car

i think that was all

so went to beenleigh bearings (best bearing place, would not have got these parts without them, half of them they recognised by eye from other models)

so the front seal kits for the brakes wernt bad and 19 for the pair

the sleeve for the tailshaft was 40 bucks, and the oil seal only 8, dammit it being so worn

brake pads were 65, only needed the side that had been binding, the other side is still near new, dam people not maintaining cars :bash:

gearbox mount, which was from a hilux was 45

and the real killer, the centre bearing was over 150

so by the time i bought that, some new feeler gauges and seal kits from the brakes on my patrol i walked away $500 poorer :(

registering it standard is starting to seem like a poor choice, considering all the suspension bushes now need doing.

but what can we do hey :)

atleast I'm making progress, hopefully get this stuff in tomorrow, although doubtful with a mates birthday tonight, and then got work from the 2nd, but ill get there :D

Does it have the same diff in it that I got off you?

I'm pretty sure it does, the brakes are much bigger than the ke70 ones, cylinders and drums

wanna buy it? ;)

Sometimes its hard not to make these.

post-8907-014425700 1293880110_thumb.jpg

lol, yeah thats about how well it was running :glare: