Love Ke70's Hks 1g 2 Door Ke70

love ke70

Ncop is at the moment in a 6 month transition period in qld which ends on 30th april. any cars plated in this period have a prefix to the code to state this fact. Turbo v8s are not completely canned, but the weight bracket has been reduced so much that nothing fits into it, a vt ls1 cannot have a turbo anymore and they weigh 1700kg! my cage was approved with the car as just a shell, maybe see if you can get it done in the next few weeks.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

Members dont see this ad

yeah i had to get the cortina done before 1 Nov last year, engine and full welded cage etc etc

4 point bolt in cage without bends is acceptable, they have clamped down on alot things and engineers (who still have business that is) made a nice penny during this period have to now meet specific requirements,

get it back dated and get some progress going andy

will contact engineer tomorrow.

IF he was any more laid back he would be laying down, but he did want the cage finished.

I'll fly him up from melbourne just to blue plate the car if I have to. My fabricator can't even look at the car until June, I havnt heard squat from the engineer, or the fabricator about NCOP, and I have asked a few times in the past, so hopefully they have it covered.

met with Geoff England of Geoff England engineering today, good job hes not charging by the hour, I was there nearly two hours talking about everything and even a little bit of car related doo-wop, he is going to destroy the bearings and refit new ones. such a shame. but will get the job done. New studs and we shall be away.

I am going to get the tyres off the wheels and he will redrill the wheels, and I guess I need to organise new discs too, might have to talk to Performance friction about that, Wonder if they make blanks to suit an alfa berlina GTV :P

So, axles wheels and discs have had new stud pattern drilled, new wheel bearings on the axles as destruction is required to remove the old ones, and new studs and nuts installed. All for $450. I highly recommend Geoff England Engineering if you have anything of this sort of stuff to do. he is a great guy and made everything quick and easy.

axles are back in the car and Wades wheels went on. couldnt get a photo last night cause of the fluros, and now the sun is all wrong this morning. but anyway, front sits wide as, which I knew it would, I think the gaurd will just flare enough to cover.

The rear with a standard diff would require that a front flare would have to be welded onto the rear to push it wide enough. In my instance it sits lovely and flush, just like the old wheels. Might have to take a mounting face measurement, but its obvious this diff is about 50mm a side narrower than a standard one. So I think I am going to have to find some bigger offset rear outers and swap them over to match the front, or I might go to a 15 x 10 rear. It bodes well for the Rays rims though which I wanted to run as a 10" rear, they should sit exactly how I want them :)

My AW11 rack has been posted, I have my S13 test fit gear, and the quick rack is in transit, but the bloke sent a RHD one, So has ordered a LHD pinion and it will be on its way as soon as he gets it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

sooo, its been a while.

but, the brakes are sorted, more or less.

gone with performance friction calipers front and rear, ZR34 model.

difference sized pistons front to rear to get the balance right.

Seat is mounted

steering is converted to rack and pinion but there are a few things I am not happy with, with the work that was done. The steering shaft is too tight to the firewall and wont pass engineering, the ball joints are just about maxed out.

ended up with MCA S13 coilovers in the front, which have a great standing in the race industry and Murray was great to deal with when doing the shocks for the rear of my ute, taking on an almost impossible task and pretty well nailing it.

cage is nearly finished.

brakes have been measured to make hats and mounts for the rotors.

Now organising a turbo and will get that to the shop so once cage is done exhaust and intake will get done. looking at GT3076 and still considering whether to cut and shut manifold or keep the centre entry.

and radiator mounting

Have spoken to Matty Spry and he has told me to research into ECU's, his suggestions are

Autronic SN-4

motec

or haltech if I want the dash setup.

which is a tempting option instead of 10 gauges, although it does deviate from the original plan with the car...

E85 is what I will be using, with 2 x bosch 044

and siemens 2200cc injectors.

photos...maybe when its a bit more together.

any thoughts opinions or inputs on the above is greatly appreciated :)

Cheers, Andy

This might be late, but I'm planning a horizontal bar across the car between the main hoop legs that will be bolted to the transmission tunnel.

Is that the one you said you weren't keen on? I figure the transmission tunnel is the weakest part of the floor and this would help strengthen it. If you cut the whole floor out between the sills I don't think the car would be significantly weaker.

I suppose the giant 'X' of diagonals in your hoop will do the some of that work, as well as resisting twist of the main body.

I think you will find the sheet of the floor is actually a large part of bracing the car against twist.

much like a ply sheet on a stud wall, the stud wall will hold plenty of weight, but if load is applied on a angle is will rack over and fall down, the ply sheet stops one side moving without the other, thus bracing it, this is what the floor does in the car, structurally very little, but brace was it does alot.

my seat is mounted from cage to tunnel very solidly so that will help stiffen the tunnel, and the X in the main hoop will stop the rails wanting to spread in or out

great to see this is still happening!

For the ecu there is a new haltech on the way, it has a huge memory and capabilities compared to the platinum sport 1000 / 2000. Its not out yet and still under development ( currently fitted to lots of test vehicles) but apparently will cost similar money to the ps2000. If youre not in a hurry definately something to consider and sounds like its worth waiting for.

• 4 weeks later...

Yupp, It was on ebay a while ago. I spoke to the seller, he was very very un-helpful in providing any details of the build to a prospective buyer, so I bought a real 2 door in the states and imported it :)

In updates, HKS head left today for flow testing and cleaning up pending results, obviously its been ported by HKS.

sent with it manifold and TVIS plate and all will be power ported. Should net some good gains and driveability.

Cheers, Andy