Toyota 1000 Wagon

kpaddict

Hello

i recently purchased this 69 toyota 1000 wagon, i know its not really a corolla but hopefully you find it interesting anyway.

kp36.jpg

It has a few issues such rust in various places, the brakes are toast, rattles in the suspension, a nasty interior, no heater unit, the usual home done wiring specials and exhaust leaks etc etc but i love it ;)

so the plan is to tidy up the rust and mechanical faults to make it roadworthy, drive it for a while and then do paint and panel with some small mechanical mods, something along the lines of a 4k, k50 and disc brakes for the front.

ive pulled the brake master cylinder to have it refurbed and brake linings sent off for relining and will tackle the rust next, I'm on the look out for a set of 13" steelies as the studs are too short for the rims that are on there. i have a blue slip inspection coming up and don't want to give them any reason to fail it ;) i think the pattern is 4 x 110 :lol: good luck to me.

cheers

simon :D

Members dont see this ad
this is very cool, did you buy it with the watas?

yup they came on the car but i don't think the rear ones will be legal maybe too wide and useless snow tyres too lol

I'm not 100% sure but i think the stud pattern would be 4x100.

dunno i have a couple of kp61's back in nz that have 4 x 114 like most old toyotas, I'm not sure about these tho, will measure them tomorrow to see

Edited by kpaddict

Love these things.

can't you get longer wheel studs??

probably could but i just wanna keep it standard as possible for its inspection, no point giving the inspector something to fail it on, i think a good option for later on tho....

tally is correct. stud pattern is 4X110. same as KE1X, KE2X, series 1,2 and 3 rx7. (the wedgie ones) rx2, rx3 and the 808 versions.

shouldn't be hard to find some 13's as a lot of people use them on there KE1Xs and KE2Xs.

ahh this is good news! now to find some ke20 front struts with brakes, brake master to suit, wheels and a 4k/k50 setup. thanks for the info ;)

oo i have driven this car, gotta say, went allright for a lil 2k. really need some discs on the front though. nice pickup

great someone else who has farted in my seat! ;) lol well glad you liked it, the 2k is a little gutless really although it could do with a decent tune up and a few new parts to get it 100% but i think it will be much much better with a 4k and a 5 speed like a starlet.

tally is correct. stud pattern is 4X110. same as KE1X, KE2X, series 1,2 and 3 rx7. (the wedgie ones) rx2, rx3 and the 808 versions.

shouldn't be hard to find some 13's as a lot of people use them on there KE1Xs and KE2Xs.

Close, series 3 rx7s are 4x114.3. RX4s are 4x110 too. You will be able to find 13's. You might find 14's (RX4 Steelies?) anything bigger, you'd have to be lucky.