Scary Experiences In Wet And Windy Conditions!!

All of the above are very good reasons to buy the best tyres you can afford.

The difference between say a budget cheapy tyre and a quality performance tyre (not semi-slick) is like night and day in the wet.

Tyres are the single most important part of a car when it comes to handling, braking and safety.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically yeah, although you get to do it in your own car supposed to get you used to it :hmm:

When I did it they stuck me in a f@$ken automatic Magna, of all the stupid piece of shit cars they could give me, why a Magna?

I let them know in a well worded and polite manner they were full of it and that I had absolutely no intention of driving like that as long as I held a valid driving licence, passed the "practical test" which basically meant perform a carbon copy from the text book, thanks very much, I'll take my free jump in ratings and go back home driving like a real person......

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Mum insisted i do one of those defensive driving courses.. May as well have spent the money on my car.. Didn't learn how to actually drive defensively in an emergency, merely learned how to drive like a snail.. Was in a Camry, but it felt like i had the handbrake on.. All i learned was that it had a comfy front seat.. You know, can't actually apply anything you learn from these in a practical day to day situation.. Never will i drive down a main road at 50kmh and be so fearful of other cars i cause a completely new hazard on the road.. Little dumb...

Mum insisted i do one of those defensive driving courses.. May as well have spent the money on my car.. Didn't learn how to actually drive defensively in an emergency, merely learned how to drive like a snail.. Was in a Camry, but it felt like i had the handbrake on.. All i learned was that it had a comfy front seat.. You know, can't actually apply anything you learn from these in a practical day to day situation.. Never will i drive down a main road at 50kmh and be so fearful of other cars i cause a completely new hazard on the road.. Little dumb...

You've never done one of my Defensive courses then. Guarantee you would have learnt something on that. :hmm:

I remember one night i jumped in my friends car, and it'd been a warm day but then a storm hit town pretty hard that night and we were coming home from the supermarket, and there were to corners which linked into one another so for once we wernt being dickheads and he slowed right down for the first one and the same for the second and there was an accident there earlier that day and must have been some oil on the road. we hit something and just slid for a while hit a gutter went up the gutter ended up in some guys front lawn missed a telgraph pole by a cm i swear, it took a split second of not paying much attention to road and we got sent into a gutter it shows, that you need to be awear all the time, and pay that extra bit of attention when it rains and your on the road.

All of the above are very good reasons to buy the best tyres you can afford.

The difference between say a budget cheapy tyre and a quality performance tyre (not semi-slick) is like night and day in the wet.

Tyres are the single most important part of a car when it comes to handling, braking and safety.

Neither of those cars i owned, first car i got put RE001 Adrenalins, now on the rolla i have yokies :hmm:

Karl.

the adrenalin was pumping so I jumped out of the car(KE20) and pushed it back on to the road

Years ago a toll collector on the Auckland harbour bridge said at 2am a Morris 1100 (!!) drove through with fresh dents all over it and a smashed screen, and the driver had a marked-up face and blodd from cuts as he tossed a coin over then drove away...

Reckons he rolled it coming down the bridge then just kept driving.