swampgarage

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another weekend, another hasty repair job, another track day.

Competed in the local bitumen sprint series again on the weekend. Another class win, but my only competition was Derek, who was also driving my car as he seems to have misplaced his.

DSC_0318_stitchcopy.jpg

:blinks:

Car ran well, considering that I'd hastily replaced the diff and rear axles the day before. The lsd failed during the previous round, so I swapped in the one from the wreck. Its noisy, but tight.

Knocked off all the wrx's, but am a second off catching the slowest of the evo's and nearly 5 seconds off catching the bloody GTR.

The KU36 tyres are still holding on, but they're very ragged now after only two days at the track :S Might only get a couple more runs out of them.

DSC_0315copy.jpg

Considering the car is cornering hard enough to lean over like this, its not suprising! Need to chuck a larger swaybar in the front to level it out a bit and keep the back wheel on the ground!of scratches to polish out too after some over-enthusiastic driving by both of us lead to a number of cone fatalities.

DSC_0346copy.jpg

Some videos from the day at http://www.youtube.com/user/swampgarage and on Derek's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/StainAE86

Oh, and never leave your onboard camera unattended!

Edited by 86coupe

• 2 weeks later...

My T-18 has been very neglected for the last 6 months. The brakes were seizing up frequently and I didn't have the motivation to fix it, so it got parked up and abandoned.

I put a new battery in today, brushed off the compost and it started up without much fuss. I'm attempting to get the thing ready to do a few khanacross events next year. Will start by getting it up on the ramp tomorrow and giving the underside a bit of rust treatment.

• 6 months later...

Photo update time!

So far this year I've...

Found innovative uses for ke70s.

DSC_2786-1024.jpg

Chopped up a trueno then rolled it into a little ball.

ExTrueno.jpg

Added an oem lip to another one.

DSC_4042-1280-1.jpg

And at long last, have this coming in the mail. :happy:

IMG_0252-1024.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started cleaning up the engine in my project car.

Its probably a waste of time, but it will look decent again for a little while.

I'm using autosol, old t-shirts and a dremel with polishing wheel.

Airbox done

DSC_4745-1920.jpg

Trumpets done

DSC_4753-1920.jpg

And started on one of the throttles. I'll remove the throttle bodies to clean them up properly.

shning.jpg