My New 70 Aka The Black Pearl

SLW42

so this weekend is going to be pretty flat out gathering parts for this thing, and still the motor wont be in the car :)

I pulled the water pump off the motor yesterday and found alot of what appears to be like rusty watery crap, is the best way to explain it haha

so new water pump for me :)

i'll be getting an AFM, CAS, Powersteering Pump and engine mounts (AFM = Air Flow Meter, CAS = Crank Angle Sensor for those that don't know what i'm on about) tommorrow, so they should be all fitted to the motor as like a trial fit/dummy setup sorta thing,

I can't wait to have this motor in the car and running, and hopefully ONE DAY RE - REGISTERED :) thats the plan anyway, wether or not it turns out like that is a different story

Members dont see this ad

This weekend wasn't very productive, all i got outta it was an afm, engine mounts, inlet manifold and injectors, i got a bit mucked around with the powersteering pump and cas, i also got a new water pump too, so i dummy fitted the inlet mani up onto the motor, i never realised the ca's sit on a lean in the engine bay till i put the engine mounts on and had a good look at the sump.

This weekend wasn't very productive, all i got outta it was an afm, engine mounts, inlet manifold and injectors, i got a bit mucked around with the powersteering pump and cas, i also got a new water pump too, so i dummy fitted the inlet mani up onto the motor, i never realised the ca's sit on a lean in the engine bay till i put the engine mounts on and had a good look at the sump.

yup they sit kinda wierd eh, you interested in exhaust for the beast?

yup they sit kinda wierd eh, you interested in exhaust for the beast?

yeah there on a nice lean to the turbo side, i don't know why but maybe it's just how nissan thinks they should sit i dunno, yeah an exhaust could interest me, how much are you chasing for it, and is it a full exhaust? Like turbo back, dump pipe back or cat back?

so i got bored today and was at a mates house, and he had a set of ma61's laying around

so my car + ma61's = awsome. :P

only thing is (WHEN I GET A SET) the centre of the rims would need to be machined out so i can fit them on the silvia hubs :bash:

post-7244-1278744402_thumb.jpg

so this thing has hit a very slow point in it's conversion life again, i lost my job on wednesday just gone so now i'm putting my falcon up for sale so i can get some cash in my pocket to get me through for awhile

Damn, hope things pick up.

She looks like a cop's wet dream in that last pic :hmm:

Yeah i hope so too aye i want this car finished :D

Wait till you see it now bud.

On the topic of the car i have some new piccies for everbody

i swapped my solex's for 19914afc's wheels today, and fitted them up after i got home, they look FARKING AWSOME on the car, :D the offsets are perfect for the car with the fronts being the 16x7's, on the silvia suspension, and the rears being 16x8's with hub adaptors to bring the hubs down from 4x114.3 - 4x110 i think either that or 4x100, they sit awsomely in the guards and i'm cheering about it aye,

anyways enough talk here are the photo's :(

here is a whole car shot

post-7244-1278977071_thumb.jpg

front wheel sitting in the guard (keep in mind this is sitting on s13 tein height/camber adjustable coilovers wound up as high as they go, and as much camber as possible), the guard needs a slight pumping and it'll be sweet :)

post-7244-1278977120_thumb.jpg

this is how the 16x8's sit on the rears with the hub adaptors on the car i love this fitment :laff:

post-7244-1278977236_thumb.jpg

and this is the best shot of the back wheels i could get

post-7244-1278977776_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So guys i got 4 days work this week :yes: just gone so nothing major will be getting done in a hurry, considering i'm getting a new rolla in about a week or so :)

That will have it's own thread once it's at home!!!

Anyways i have some more pics for everybody :yes: , I picked up some tinted windows from ke70dave yesterday, I fitted all of the windows in about half an hour tops, (it helps when you have no door cards, and have pulled windows out before :) )

Anyways enough talking for now feel free to post your comments on it wherever you feel the need lads and ladies, here are some pics

here is a whole car shot

post-7244-1280014831_thumb.jpg

here is a comparison shot :lol:

post-7244-1280014900_thumb.jpg

Yeah cheers bud i reckon they look shit hot. Cheers dave, they are really dark at night aye like can't see into the car dark but during the day is different

hey dude sorry forgot to reply to your sms, was busy with my hunk of junk till late......and its still not back on the road.

the windows look great, good to see them in a car.

yeah they looked really dark, was annoyed i couldnt use them.

glad you can use them!

• 4 weeks later...

so i got alittle creative today with the 70 and i test fitted the ke 36 bumper onto the 70 and it looks sick and would actually fit good too :D

here is a pic for you guys

post-7244-1282101350_thumb.jpg

other than that nothing is going on i still have no job

so i got alittle creative today with the 70 and i test fitted the ke 36 bumper onto the 70 and it looks sick and would actually fit good too :D

here is a pic for you guys

post-7244-1282101350_thumb.jpg

other than that nothing is going on i still have no job

that front bar belongs there do it you know you want 2 and now put a pic up of the front from the 70 on the 36