Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Good luck with the 2tg into your car bud, i've had about 2 of them before and when the running awsomely there great but remember there quite an old engine too and parts are quite hard to find so i suggest on finding a few extra's for it, like rubber gaskets instead of cork cause cork gaskets are shit on these motors, just be warned if you get an oil leak there almost impossible to fix unless you pull half the motor apart :blush: , i know you can use a normal 2t water pump on them, i had alot of drama's trying to find a 2tg one up here is bris, almost impossible :jamie: but i'm not gonna dampen your spirits, i would love to see a quad throttle body setup on one of there engines man i reckon it would sound even better than the carby's and be alot better too :bash:

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Thanks man.

Did a bit of work today. Designed the new dash.

Image688.jpg

Speedo on the left. Tach on the right. Fuel gauge on the far right

LED's with a chrome bezel will be used for the warning, indicator etc lights.

Indicators on the left and right. Hi-beam in the middle. then Charge, Hand Brake, Brakes and Alarm light below.

Image687.jpg

Left to right. Amps, Volts, Water Temp, Oil Pressure. Then Oil Temp under the Oil Pressure.

Had to change what gauges i use, for some reason i thought there were water pressure gauges available ;)

Edited by SLO-030

Is that MDF or ply?

If you want to paint it either way I'll give you a suggestion when I made mine. Give it a spray of 'spray putty' before painting. It seals off the wood so it doesn't soak up the paint and look like painted wood. ;)

Also go down to Burson etc and grab yourself some of the Narva 3/4/6 way connectors. Then sit down and trace out your wiring as there's plenty of double/tripple ups with powers, earths, lights etc. and wire it up to the plugs. Probably 2x 6 ways should do you. Now all I have to do to remove my dash is undo the screws and un-click 3x plugs.

cheers Si.

I won't be painting the MDF, I have some 0.3mm alloy used for printing in the shed. Will be using it alloy side out ( other side etched white )

Bought some 2v 3mm LEDs with chrome bezels today. Put them in but didn't get them perfect so no new pics haha.

Here is the 1st set of extractors to show up for the people that have ordered/ paid.

Image691.jpg

Image692.jpg

Extractors are unpainted, Ready for your choice of heat proof paint. The orange enamel they were pictured with just burns off.

Here are a set of gaskets that come with them. These are actually 3K-B items!! Plus a couple of stickers

Image693.jpg

Edited by SLO-030

man they do look good. Look a lot better in design then a few ive seen.

so are they bare metal?

Any chance of better pics man?

Yea. I really like their design, nice long collector too.

Yes, they are bare metal. decided to get them all like that as the orange enamel they paint them just burns off. this way you can paint them whatever colour you want before they see any heat. Also good if people wanna get them HPC coated or something.

I would like to see your dash once it's done bud, gives me some idea's for my 36, hows your motor hunting going bud?

No worries, will post pics up when its done.

Got an engine sorted out and ready to go, not going to buy it if i get knocked back. Just gotta refine my application and send it in, then wait for the word.

Looks like i'll be using tax money to get the rest of my paint supplies, brakes and suspension and maybe some interior bits ;)

Edited by SLO-030

Alright guys, NOT a good night.

Decided to test fit these KE20-55 extractors. All fits well, up to the collector.....

They have decided that the outlet is best suited in the trans tunnel......right in the middle :dance:

Although with a small amount of work (10mins) They fit.....WELL!

For those of you putting them into KE30-55's, I can modfiy them just the same, or leave them as is. Your choice

And for those of you putting them into KE2x's I don't have anything to go by in ways of fitment, so will be left as is.

I will be getting in touch with the manufacturers TONIGHT!

The photos of the extractors you got made are 100% identical to the KE1X ones I have.

From my experence KE1X,2X and 3X series extractors I have owned they are all the same up to the collector. Here they start to differ as the floor pan changed in the KE series. So these might fit jsut need to cut section of pipe off at the collector and buyer welds on his own length to suit car and application.

Cheers

Cameron

The photos of the extractors you got made are 100% identical to the KE1X ones I have.

From my experence KE1X,2X and 3X series extractors I have owned they are all the same up to the collector. Here they start to differ as the floor pan changed in the KE series. So these might fit jsut need to cut section of pipe off at the collector and buyer welds on his own length to suit car and application.

Cheers

Cameron

Yea, mighta been a mix up. Still waiting on a reply...

Theres always that option of cutting it off and making a new section. Which is what i have done with this first set. Not using anything extra, just repositioning the bends. This modified set come up level with the gearbox crossmember.

Figured i'd at least give people the option of having something that actually fits. As opposed to what i found...

Cameron, Will get onto the gaskets once this extractor non-fitment is sorted :dance:

CHEERS

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Dash layout looking good, seems you're slowly making progress!

Just noticed you've chosen OBX Monaco seats, that's what is in my car. Very comfortable and a great fit for the rolla, however they are not real easy to get in and out of. Depends what you're using the car for, I guess.

Best of luck buddy,

Brodie

Hey Ryan,

Dash layout looking good, seems you're slowly making progress!

Just noticed you've chosen OBX Monaco seats, that's what is in my car. Very comfortable and a great fit for the rolla, however they are not real easy to get in and out of. Depends what you're using the car for, I guess.

Best of luck buddy,

Brodie

Hey Brodie.

Thats the exact reason why i chose them :fuzz: . Really nice feeling seats, plenty of side and leg restraint. Best of all ADR approved :?

CHEERS

Ryan