Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage

Featured Replies

The gas strut mounts are super neat! All the little things in this car that make it so bloody awesome!

  • Replies 642
  • Views 744.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • few more small things ,stripped the intake manifold , was going to try polish this up but it was so very grainy,sanded a test area and tryed polishing it ,but it looked so crap that i gave up on that

  • pretty happy finished off the clutch pedal,,   welded on the pedal part       i made up a stoper plate and welded that on       couldnt find what i realy wanted to but ended up welding

  • Man this was an epic read. I came from Google looking for how to do an SR20 conversion and found the mother of all rebuilds..   THIS LOOKS AWESOME, to the point that I signed up to the forum just so

  • Author

The gas strut mounts are super neat! All the little things in this car that make it so bloody awesome!

 

 

haha thanks man , yeah your rite its all the little touchs that make it something a bit different,

how ever those little tiny things do take time to plan and do, but it seems to be worth it ,

i just got the lower valance and filler panel back on, but i had a majour battle to fit the bumper ,

NEVER EVER EVER GET TIAWANIESE PANELS!!!!!!$^%^&^$#&*#@*# there a $*%%(&$($%%(#@(@#$* in the @!$#&@^%&!!!!

 

a few years ago i smashed the front on car, and as usual i was broke so ended up gettng cheap tiawaniese guards ,

and bonnet,any way long story short they don't fit or line up with any thing there just shit.

also i had rooled my front guards and pumped them out slightly ,this also made fitting the long end bar a mission,

but evently after grinding the f$%^ out of things got it to go on, have no idea how it was on there before ,it all came

apart easy enough lol,

 

so got the front bumper back on the lower stone tray or valance what ever you wanta call it,

realy great to see some parts back on there for once rather than having half a car!

 

 

also i pulled out my grill that i had modded up ages ago, i realy can't even remember how i managed to make this thing !,

i vaguely remember alot of measuring and cutting pipes but the way the grill section is held in ,is hectic, haha any way

managed to get the grill on as well ,thank F#$% i didnt have to grind to much to get it in there lol ,

 

what do yous think of the grill??? I'm still undecided , is it too much maybe???

 

front bits ::: 20111227224844small.jpg

 

20111227225058small.jpg

 

 

front bumper and new front indicators

 

20111228173835small.jpg

 

new diamond cut headlights

 

20111228173839small.jpg

 

 

grill on :)

 

20111228214240small.jpg

Ke30 bumpers maybe? Don't mind the grill.

  • Author

haha can't afford to get new bumpers ,I'm pretty much building the rest with what i have,plus i don't mind the long bumper ,more chrome haha,

Any reason you went that particular size intercooler Ryan?

 

Just curious as there is plenty of space to be had in their, and makes piping relatively easier if it was position high with a 300 high core (from what i can see)

I like the grille!! The rest looks killer too. Shes a bit young for me personally, but the attention to detail is crazy!!

Looking like being done soon. Keep it up!!!!!!!

 

Stu.

Hi guys I have been reading this since some time thismorning I it looks great congradz on the work so far I'm starting to do a ke55 with ca18det and looking for help and pointers if it's ok I haven't done engine swap of my own but have don't a few on lancers and stuff with mates and turbo converted my lancer witch I must say is completely nuts but is off the road due to mods going to far any way if any one can send me some pics or give me any info would be great thanks just pm/email me or what ever u have to do thanks Shane

 

 

Keep up the good work it's looking awesome

  • Author

Any reason you went that particular size intercooler Ryan?

 

Just curious as there is plenty of space to be had in their, and makes piping relatively easier if it was position high with a 300 high core (from what i can see)

 

 

yeah , my engineer wanted it as close to standard size as poss, it should be ok , will give quick spool up any way ,I'm pretty happy with the fitment, and you can't even see it behind the grill

  • Author

I like the grille!! The rest looks killer too. Shes a bit young for me personally, but the attention to detail is crazy!!

Looking like being done soon. Keep it up!!!!!!!

 

Stu.

 

 

haha nice, i woundered if the grill was a bit much , but its realy growing on me now, love chrome and anything shiney haha, yeah detail is what i like to do, most of the crazy stuff ive done no one will even see, but i know whats going on be hind the curtain so to speak, last day of holidays so it will slow down abit on the progress side, but in the last week ive flown thru the jobs and can realy see the end product starting to peek out ,keep watching :)

Edited by JDM55

  • Author

Hi guys I have been reading this since some time thismorning I it looks great congradz on the work so far I'm starting to do a ke55 with ca18det and looking for help and pointers if it's ok I haven't done engine swap of my own but have don't a few on lancers and stuff with mates and turbo converted my lancer witch I must say is completely nuts but is off the road due to mods going to far any way if any one can send me some pics or give me any info would be great thanks just pm/email me or what ever u have to do thanks Shane

 

 

Keep up the good work it's looking awesome

 

 

cheers mate,been working hard on this,glad someones getting so enjoyment of seeing the slow progress,as for ca18det ,kinda the same thing, how ever when you take on this task make sure your fully prepared to spend money and do ALOT of custom fitting and modifying, to be completely honest with you id advise against it, if you wanta drive a turbo just buy a 180sx or a silvia ,and just drive it, all the pics ive posted up have been over a 3 year span and counting, it wont happen over nite ,so definatley be prepared to be in it for the long haul, but if you have to do it and then id sugest searching the forums for info and wiring diagrams engine specs,etc do your home work, i speant 4 months researching before i even bought my engine, so keep that in mind ,its not just a slapp her in shell be right job,takes alot effort and time,good luck with it if you choose to do it

Edited by JDM55

Ye thanks for that the money not the problem for me I got the hook ups nearly every wear so that will help and a lot of my mates r mechanics and welders and body and paint guys and so on so it will make things just that lil bit easier I hope I going to try have it done befor July this year so it will be tough but I'll work day and night if I have to it's I'm memory of my grandfather so ye. And I live out of town and no one close to pod off with noise so I should be good but if u can give me some pointers and links that would be much appreciated I'll post photos up on my own thread when I get started and keep it going till I'm finished and I wanna go turbo in it just coz I have dealt with v8s and turbos lot of my life and it's just in my blood more boost more power any way thanks For the info

And also if u can think of any thing just let me know on the post thing I made it's ( ca18 in to ke55 need help on what to do ) any way thanks guys let me know if I need to know any thing

  • Author

And also if u can think of any thing just let me know on the post thing I made it's ( ca18 in to ke55 need help on what to do ) any way thanks guys let me know if I need to know any thing

 

 

best to post up your own thread to ask for info ,or search the net, thats what i had to do

Ok thanks have a good new year keep up the good work

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.