Old School Corollas

ROLLN'03

Aahhh, just seen the earlier photos....

First one is a guy called John Camm. He's been running 4ag Corolla's for a LONG time. One of the first people to start seriously using a 2 door KE30 as a race car. Nice guy, used to be a Police driver trainer.

And yes, that blue one is Steve's. He's finally seen the light!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any more photo's of the blue one? Any idea who owns it? The reason I ask is that Lightning Locksmiths (name on front) is a very switched on guy called Steve Howard, I'm wondering if he's turned to the dark side after years of Celicas.....

I realise you saw the earlier pics, but heres the link to some more pics. You sounded pretty interested, thats all.

BTW, the pink and blue HQ in the 2nd pic, is the bloke who built my 5k (Eddie Woods from Head Stud Development).

http://vmrc.com.au/?item=12780

Is that Class 3J racing or is it some special Corolla-only class? What sort of motors are they running (K or T?) and what's with the huge wing/spoilers. Do they really think a Rolla is going to be going quite fast enough to warrant it??? Or do Rollas get a bit lifty at higher speeds?

At a guess I think it's under 2 litre sports sedans. Cammy John used to run 4ag's, but I don't know what Stevo would be running.

I'm intersted mainly because I seem to know most of these suspects. Cammy John used to pull over Corollas to have a peak at them and hand out club business cards!

At a guess I think it's under 2 litre sports sedans.

Bingo! Yep its the under 2lt sports sedan class. I'm not exactly sure what motors the Corolla's run, but i don't mind saying they are not the quickest of cars on the track, nor do they sound really ballsy. That doesnt deter me from watching them anyway. Racing along side them are normally Gemini's, Alfas and Dato's

There's a KE30 coupe up here running a pretty wild 4A-GE. It sounds REALLY ballsy and flogs the other under-2L cars. It can even beat at least one of the over-2L cars (it was only a Sigma after all). Of course it can't keep up with the rotaries or the V8 VH Holden that races. But it's still DAMN fast.