The Physics of Drifting.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

grip driving....entering corner must hit the brake before entering its. open limited gas at corner apex.

drift driving....entering corner at high speed mostly at 100km/h. open wide gas at corner apex.

well something like that ...must find that video explaining this...

now where did i put it???

*sigh*

who said any thing about drifting in the mountain road....btw that call touge. and the key word for ur story is UP HILL!!!

Okay, maybe you misunderstood Doug. Andrew (I'm guessing it was Andrew, I wasn't there) wasn't not keeping up because he had no torque. If anything at all, he probably had bucketloads more torque than Doug. It was because he was "drifting", and Doug was wasn't.

Okay, that video you watched.

I've seen several similar videos, and I would be guessing the track they were using would be a fairly small tight track (fairly typical of tracks in Japan).

There are *some* instances where chucking the car through a corner can be quicker, ie when driving on dirt or a loose surface. Sure, on the skidpan I can get quicker times driving sideways than I can trying to "grip" drive. But that doesn't mean that "drifting" is quicker.

Drifting, if done properly, involves BIG angles. Whatever the surface, this is always SLOWER than driving through the corner properly, or having "just right" slip angles.

If you think drifting is so fast, why doesn't anyone else in any other form of motorsport drift? Formula 1 doesn't drift, NASCAR doesn't drift, IP doesn't drift, if you've ever been to watch the Merdeka race they don't drift... Even WRC drivers don't drift...

If you think drifting is so fast, why doesn't anyone else in any other form of motorsport drift? Formula 1 doesn't drift, NASCAR doesn't drift, IP doesn't drift, if you've ever been to watch the Merdeka race they don't drift... Even WRC drivers don't drift...

cause the rule say they can't drift....if can drift sure guy with high torque will spin out... burn rubber...this will make F1 and nascar etc to do more pit stop...this race kind of endurance race.btw who say wrc don't drift???

cause the rule say they can't drift....if can drift sure guy with high torque will spin out... burn rubber...this will make F1 and nascar etc to do more pit stop...this race kind of endurance race.btw who say wrc don't drift???

Again, no you're wrong. I don't think it says anywhere in the rules that "thou shalt not drift". And you can definately bet that most ALL of those cars would have more torque than your 3K, or most other cars on the street. And rubber? Dude these guys are sponsored. They spend thousands of dollars on everything else, why would they care about how much rubber they go through?

And no, WRC drivers don't "drift". Yes, they slide their cars through corners, but only just enough to get them through. I wouldn't call that "proper" drifting. Besides, they only really do that on dirt and ice. Next time you watch a WRC stage on one of the tarmac stages, you'll notice they don't really slide the cars at all.

20v_ke35: you are beyond help. I think now we can just... "move on". And you can believe whatever you like (a bit like, taking the blue pill). We'll just go on with our lives knowing we took the red pill and we know the truth.

And no, it's not a good idea to flame a mod. Especially nick.

Edited by demuire

thanks , grimwolge...i know u kind heart person.... :)

felix: that during the d1 comp.... :down: u back

drift have two kind:

1.show drift-must have high entry speed, angle of attack, execution and style.

2.race drift-usually used by Keiichi Tsuchiya when he going to lose a race...limited angle, but still high speed in all corner area..