The Physics of Drifting.

a 3k in a ke35 would be like pushing shit uphill if you want it to drift in the dry. get a bigger motor, or at least a supercharger.....you need torque.

otherwise sell your ke35, find a ke10, fit a 5k to that and you may well drift.

what is the fascination with drifting anyway? it is slower through a corner, unless the road is dirt.

Edited by Felix

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think Malaysia ever got KE10's, we more or less started with the KE2x, and even then I think we only got the 4 door variants. Even 2 door KE3x's are fairly scarse.

I can see why he's facinated by drifting (cause it looks cool and all that), I can't see why he's insisting on using a 3K...

I don't think Malaysia ever got KE10's, we more or less started with the KE2x, and even then I think we only got the 4 door variants. Even 2 door KE3x's are fairly scarse.

I can see why he's facinated by drifting (cause it looks cool and all that), I can't see why he's insisting on using a 3K...

demuire: no ur wrong....there a bundle of them...just waiting for the year 2000. before that never seen any of them. BTW still wander why after 2000 all ke 10,ke15, even kp15 come out of their hideout???

felix: thank for the info, but you got drifting all wrong...drift suspose to done corner in high speed...

20v_ke35: Oh, there are KE1x's in Malaysia? Hmm, never seen one, but I haven't been back in awhile.

And no, unfortunately you're wrong. On tarmac, drifting is almost always slower. Actually, I can probably even say that on any surface "proper" drifting is ALWAYS slower. Even on dirt where sideways is goodways, too sideways (which is what drift generally aims to achieve) is slow.

Drifting looks cool. Drifting isn't fast.

*ps* No, Initial D isn't proof that drifting is faster.

Edited by demuire

i got to disagree with demuire....(let not talk initial d here..that only cartoon)...i seen one video from hot version or best motoring...i forgot..btw in this video show the different type of driving, yes between drift driving and grip driving. in short, the drift diring manage to give best track time compare to the grip driving. so, what u guy would say on this?..btw at what speed do u guy drift??

v8 supercars run locked diffs. funny how the fast cars don't slide much, yet with worn tyres they drift backwards through the pack real fast.

lol, on the rollaclub drive up the mountain a few weeks ago, there was a member drifting behind me.... he was using both lanes of the road, yet i kept losing them through the twisties and i was nowhere near the limit in mine, and i only needed one lane.

if you want to drift, go buy a radio controlled car. least then you can bounce off gutters and the like without killing innocents.