Ttr

Jono.C

The other day i Bought my first car a 1982 KE70 SE which is slowly being modified, when i looked it over at the time i noticed it had this badge on the back but payed no real attention to it..

Later on i discovered its TTR which is TOYOTA TEAM RACING or "TOTALLTY TUFF ROLLA" as i like to think of it :blush:

But anyway what i was wondering is what is/was ttr is it the earlier TRD and why can i not find any information or any reference to TTR?

Cheers

post-9662-1258453984_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

It was a $hitty marketing ploy to try and boost sales for a range of toyota's sold (Possibly? over sea's as well) from about 06 to 07 ish. don't quote me on it.

But, there was nothing performance sporty about the operation, no surprises there from Toyota. Again.

Kind of reminds me of when they slapped the "hi-cam" badge on the 70 series Corolla's back in the early 80's. Funny how something as small as a name can make people go "oooo".

:blush:

It was a $hitty marketing ploy to try and boost sales for a range of toyota's sold (Possibly? over sea's as well) from about 06 to 07 ish. don't quote me on it.

But, there was nothing performance sporty about the operation, no surprises there from Toyota. Again.

Kind of reminds me of when they slapped the "hi-cam" badge on the 70 series Corolla's back in the early 80's. Funny how something as small as a name can make people go "oooo".

:blush:

So someones just tacked the newer badge on?

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same approach to fixing things, then once i started, i quickly got over wanting to fix things for the sake of it haha.

oh man, i was happy as larry to take to my car with a angle grinder, but now all i want is my rusty rolla back, not a void for the last 6 months of it being off the road dammit :D