Camera Stolen

this is a msg to the low life dogs that came to my place to buy some parts off me from the for sale section,

unless you didn't read the whole for sale post, the brand new camera that you or one of your mates pocketed out from my shed when picking up parts wasn't on the list.

its things like this that give the club a bad name and its (_ _ _TS) like you that have taken the trust out of the club.

Ive got absolutely no faith that i will get my camera back. so unless you know me and know what stuff ive got i wont be selling parts unless you come around with only 1 other person.

:D :| :bash:

Edited by the Db king

Members dont see this ad

Its sad that shit like this happens.

I think someone that I've sold parts to has come back before as all 4 of my spare chassis stands are gone. :D

Its like we have to meet them elsewhere with parts. No one can be trusted.

can't be sued if its true though, so simply stating the member of the forums who came to pick up the parts, and stating that he believes that one of his tag alongs pocketed the camera will not get anyone into any trouble whatsoever AFAIK.

I'm all for naming and shaming, let people know who to be wary of etc.

I never let people come to my house from the internet. Everything I have sold on ebay or forums, I have always made them meet me somewhere (usually use the excuse that my house is hard to find etc)

Same thing when selling the seca, if you wanted to come look after seeing it on the net, then Id organise to meet them at a servo or shopping centre, always took two cars (missus in the commodore just in case)

I have too much stuff around my house that people might take interest in for later (although the dog scares most people off)

can't be sued if its true though, so simply stating the member of the forums who came to pick up the parts, and stating that he believes that one of his tag alongs pocketed the camera will not get anyone into any trouble whatsoever.

It's entirely possible for them to sue me, doesn't mean they'll be successful though. Yes I'm aware truth is now a defense in australian libel cases but that still doesn't stop them filing frivolous lawsuits. I'd rather not waste my money defending bullshit lawsuits. If you're prepared to pay my legal fees in advance then we'll talk.

Db king, send me some details so the mods can keep an eye out for these people.

There are/have been several concerning issues with the for sale area of late. I'm working on possible solutions but this should serve as a warning that you still need to be vigilant. If these kind of occurances become more frequent then I will lock down or remove the for sale areas.

Thats not cool, Name and shame FTW.

I've had my camera stolen before and its the worst I was lucky enough to get it back, but when you let someone into your house because they wanted to by parts of you they need to have some decency and show a bit of respect by doing the right thing, cameras don't come cheap!!!!

Sorry to hear, hope you get them!!!!

It's entirely possible for them to sue me, doesn't mean they'll be successful though. Yes I'm aware truth is now a defense in australian libel cases but that still doesn't stop them filing frivolous lawsuits. I'd rather not waste my money defending bullshit lawsuits. If you're prepared to pay my legal fees in advance then we'll talk.

Db king, send me some details so the mods can keep an eye out for these people.

There are/have been several concerning issues with the for sale area of late. I'm working on possible solutions but this should serve as a warning that you still need to be vigilant. If these kind of occurances become more frequent then I will lock down or remove the for sale areas.

There's no reason why Db King can't start a trader feedback thread though is there Ben?

This is why I meet people to sell things. My KE11 is parked at my place all day and I'm not there to watch it full time so the less people who know it is there the better.

Some people may think I am a dodgy seller and it's like I don't want them to know where I live in case there is an issue with the item, but they have my number and if there has been any issues I have gladly sorted them out by phone or further meet up.

I know this won't bring your camera back, but it may help for future transactions :D

Thats just some f@$ked up shit right there.

I hope this comes back to bite them on the arse BIG TIME.

Sorry about your camera man, I really hope you get it back.

The amount of stuff i've sold from home and hearing this happen make me a bit uneasy.

But i always bring the stuff out front, never let em come round back.

-Ryan

Edited by SLO-030