A Rare Sight !

Gavclassic

Had to do a little shuffle this arvo so as to get the red KE17 back under cover after being away at the workshop for the last few weeks. The silver one is my 1970 Corona RT72 1900 SL, The white KE17 SL is my wifes which she was thinking of selling, but now i've got it out and going again she's decided to hang on to in for now ( has been stored for the last 10 years) and finally the red KE17 SL which most of you already know.

post-834-1260258886_thumb.jpg

post-834-1260258977_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
Very nice Gav :)

Some people on here would give their left nut to own just one of the cars you have in your collection :(

I actually think I would give the right one aswell to own a Shovelnose Corona again....especially a 2dr, they're f'n beautiful......

I sometimes forget how lucky i am to have these in the collection. I was fortunate to have bought them all many years ago, the red KE17 1995, white KE17 1997 and the RT72 Corona 2001. Trying to find them now would be nearly impossible and cost a small fortune.

The Corona took me about 4 years to track the owner down, when i told her i was interested she was so excited, 2 years late when she reached 85 she decided it was time to give up driving. She rang me and sold me the car which she had bought new in 1970, its now only travelled 80,000miles i bought it with about 72,000 miles. I actually don't know of any other RT72's still registered and driving around, especially an SL 1900 model. If anyone does know of another i'd be keen to know.

Hey Gav! How's the brakes? Did you end up fitting them to your wife's KE17 as you were planning? Did you use that mastercylinder as well and how did the brakes end up feeling? I'm pretty well convinced the squishy peddle problem was that that master Cylinder was intended for use with drum brakes all round and when you use it with discs it is too much for it to handle.

Are you missing the KE18 yet? I have popped up some photos of the new roof if you are interested....link here :

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=36531

Hope that works!

Anyway, let me know how the brakes worked out!

Matt.