Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Rare Sight !

Featured Replies

  • Author
It'll take Gav a while to answer that.... so many to count! :)

 

Edit: You still got the little truck you tidied up to be the KE17's transporter?

 

You mean this one, i'm in the process of trying to fit a 5 speed floor shift gearbox to replace the 4 speed column shift one. When i went to Wakefield Park it travelled at about 100kph at 4000rpm, hopefully with the 5 speed 110 at about 3800rpm. It used about 15-20lts less fuel than a mates EL Falcon towing his race car, i was happy ! .Next will be to tickle up the 2.0 5R motor, just need to find another 10-20hp and she'll be perfect!

post-834-1260348328_thumb.jpg

post-834-1260348429_thumb.jpg

Hey Gav. You said you didn't know of any other Corona RT72 coupes still registered. Well I do, it's been in my family since 1975 and is still registered to this day but has not been driven in many years. I didn't realise it was the same as yours. Been kept in a shed by my great uncle and apparently one day I might be inheriting it. I'm still yet to see it in the flesh but my dad tells me that it is yellow, with a black vinyl roof and black interior, mag wheels and a 5 speed. Apparently when my uncle was driving it years ago he was going so fast he broke the amphometer which was an old fashion radar system. I was reading up on these things and apparantely these things could reach 200km/h and do a quarter mile in 16.60 seconds. Pretty impressive for a late 60's car really. According to my great uncle, only a very limited amount of these corona's came out to Australia, as in under 10. But that might be just the model thats in my family as apparently it's a sports package of some sort and has a sports dash of some kind.

 

Anyway, I'll be heading up to my great uncles property some time soon and I'll take some pics of it and share with ya. Would be awesome to have two very rare corona's reunited through rollaclub aye?

  • Author
LOL I'm looking at it thinking, "geez, a bit high at the front. Must be a handful to drive.......THEN i see the car ramps.

 

Makes it easier to unload, just reverse the winch and of she goes !...

Maximum respect Gav, your a machine mate were do you find these cars. They must find you :)

 

I hope my sprinter looks half as good as yours one day mate :(

I would like to make sweet love to your car collection in the hope that I could father a few little cars that look half as good as yours.

 

Props to you sir.

  • Author
I would like to make sweet love to your car collection in the hope that I could father a few little cars that look half as good as yours.

 

Props to you sir.

 

I guess i should be flattered ?.... :hmm:

conserned I think hehe. Done any racing with the red 17? Using stock diff and k50 ? Have seen the project thread on it but not details what its "made of"

 

Mean collection you got. Must have been a tuff decition to let the ke18 go..

  • Author
conserned I think hehe. Done any racing with the red 17? Using stock diff and k50 ? Have seen the project thread on it but not details what its "made of"

 

Mean collection you got. Must have been a tuff decition to let the ke18 go..

 

Have done about 10 events since the re build, Eastern Creek 2:01, Oran Park 53, Oran Park GP 1:23 and Wakefield Park 1:15. Car still runs factory Corolla 5 speed box and standard diff with LSD, brakes standard disc/drum with slotted rotors, competition pads and Laser master cylinder. Heading back out to Oran Park for the very last time January 10 for a Supersprint.

The KE18 had to go to help fund the KE17 rebuild.

post-834-1260402943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gavclassic

Awesome collection you have there and in beautiful condition too by the looks. Good work :hmm:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.