4k Mods

Bekkkkah

Members dont see this ad

Bekkkah, nobody is having a go at anybody, it,s just that when MOST people read that crap we stop after the first group of letters, there is a lot of knowledge on here but your doing away with 90% of it, Maybe get him to TXT his questions to you then you write the post. I'm older than corollaart and have to say i started reading your original post, laughed and clicked of, welcome to the club but abusing the guys that oversee the site free of charge in their own time assures your your stay here will be short lived

Edited by curly

Bekkkah, nobody is having a go at anybody, it,s just that when MOST people read that crap we stop after the first group of letters, there is a lot of knowledge on here but your doing away with 90% of it, Maybe get him to TXT his questions to you then you write the post. I'm older than corollaart and have to say i started reading your original post, laughed and clicked of, welcome to the club but abusing the guys that oversee the site free of charge in their own time assures your your stay here will be short lived

PHEWWW thanks curly i thought i was the old :hmm:

Bekkkkah, calm down. Everyone here has a common interest .ie corollas in some shape or form.

Seriously coming here and demanding answers to questions that have been asked countless times before is going to get you no more than a "use the search function" type of answer.

Try a google search to research for the info you are chasing. "site:rollaclub.com 4k mods"

Much better than the search function built into the forum software rollaclub is run on.

Just remember that everyone here gives their own free time. I'm a mod, I don't contribute as much as I used to, or would like, but I work 50-60 hours a week, have a family and don't really feel inclined to answering the same question again that has been asked countless times brfore.

Edited by Felix

Own accounts maybe, Mr Bekkkah possibly?

Search/ Showing you've looked into something before asking, is the way to go in this community.

Not searching/ expecting to be spoon fed everything you ask isn't really accepted.

Anyway, welcome to Rollaclub, enjoy your stay.

-Ryan

Bekkkah what type of web browser are you using ? You might have better luck with Firefox - it has a built-in spell checker, don't know what i'd be without it, amongst a few, or rather a crap load of, other goodies.

In a way i'm with what SLO-030 said - have separate accounts, can get annoying at times but

But as with the mods its mostly all in the breathing - the better the motor breaths in and out the better the power

but with that said you can only really go so far in one area before you have to start working on the sections after it or around it.

Like you can add twin carbies, say, webers to the motor but it'd just be a waste without also running a better cam and also a more open exhaust.

A good place to start would be the exhaust - extractors and, say, a 2in exhaust.

Oh yeah and its good to hear that "Penny" went to a good home :hmm:

Bekkah - I have absolutely no problem with the spelling issue. I have a couple of mates who are dixlestic* so I know why you're getting your back up about that, and completely understand.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add something to your signature about this for future. Ie "I/my partner has/have dislexia, so if there is bad spelling or punctuation in my posts then please bare with me". You'll find that most people then won't say a word about it, and us mods will also start defending you if someone does bag your BF out for a medical condition.

*Pardon pun :lolcry:

Ok, now. What I did have a probelm with was your lack of prior searching. I think from what others have said you should be starting to understand how we work here. I think SLO nailed it with this:

.....Showing you've looked into something......

It was pretty obvious from the original thread you started that neither of you had searched at all. You simply wanted answer to questions........... that have been asked already SOOOOOOOOOO many times, rather than trying to help yourself!!

Now don't get narky again, its not going to get you anywhere here. Just except that this is the way we work..... and work with us. :( :hmm:

Edited by Taz_Rx

It might be good to get a bit of proof reading happening before hitting send, these things go both ways. I, like most others here, are very keen to help fellow corolla owners. We can't help if we can't actually understand what is being communicated. Now we understand why that might be difficult and will be more patient, but meet us half way.

Bekkkah what type of web browser are you using ? You might have better luck with Firefox - it has a built-in spell checker, don't know what i'd be without it, amongst a few, or rather a crap load of, other goodies.

In a way i'm with what SLO-030 said - have separate accounts, can get annoying at times but

Oh yeah and its good to hear that "Penny" went to a good home :(

Normally would do seperate accounts, but I forget to log in and out so he just jumps on, types, and jumps off.

We use internet explorer, will have a look into firefox though.

Bekkah - I have absolutely no problem with the spelling issue. I have a couple of mates who are dixlestic* so I know why you're getting your back up about that, and completely understand.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add something to your signature about this for future. Ie "I/my partner has/have dislexia, so if there is bad spelling or punctuation in my posts then please bare with me". You'll find that most people then won't say a word about it, and us mods will also start defending you if someone does bag your BF out for a medical condition.

*Pardon pun :hmm:

Ok, now. What I did have a probelm with was your lack of prior searching. I think from what others have said you should be starting to understand how we work here. I think SLO nailed it with this:

It was pretty obvious from the original thread you started that neither of you had searched at all. You simply wanted answer to questions........... that have been asked already SOOOOOOOOOO many times, rather than trying to help yourself!!

Now don't get narky again, its not going to get you anywhere here. Just except that this is the way we work..... and work with us. :lolcry: :hmm:

I honestly didn't realise he wrote this post until I jumped on to look something up.

Sad I know, he is just moody and all this shit.

I'll tell him to search before he writes a posts.

I just hate getting the "what does this mean, and whats this say"

And last night I only just realised his glasses we're broken... so he couldn't actually read anything properly lol

It might be good to get a bit of proof reading happening before hitting send, these things go both ways. I, like most others here, are very keen to help fellow corolla owners. We can't help if we can't actually understand what is being communicated. Now we understand why that might be difficult and will be more patient, but meet us half way.

I'll try my hardest to proof read what he writes.. can't promise to do it every time though.

\/ \/ \/ Signature added :lolcry:

:( Good work. Thats basically a disclaimer, so we'll (mods/admin) also now keep an eye on anybody who may give your partner a hard time.

.......so back to the topic at hand (being 4k mods) click on the FAQ and find the section called "How to build a tough K motor". Thats a great place to start and will give you some ideas. You can then use the search function to further research the given ideas. :hmm: