Rear Wheel?

Izak

why would convert a fwd to rwd? Easy, watching peoples faces when they see smoke off rear wheels from a 'fwd' car :-) i didnt say it was a cheap or easy exercise lol have contemplated the same idea using 3sge & gt4 running gear but the financial cost of doing it alone *cough* *hack*

Members dont see this ad

Had an old mate's mate sussing out converting a AE82 to an AWD setup.

It went something along the lines of a Celica GT-4 Rear end set-up shortened and a tunnel for the tailshaft made from front to rear, but looked like it could be done from what I saw.

Edited by Raven

thats probably the reaction he is going for :D

try it mate, price up some things and go for it if its financially able.

people convert mini's to rwd by both putting a civic motor in the rear and using the fwd drivetrain in an mr2-LIKE setup

my personal favourite:

awww hes posting over here now he didn't get the answer he wanted on this forum

http://www.ae82.net/showthread.php?1992-unique-82

dude why do you need rear wheel drive? clearly with your racing seats and taped on bonnet scoop to nowhere, your car is at the pinnacle of performance :D

lol I'm sorry dude its just when you're a sad old dinosaur on forums its hard not to haze the learners who ask questions like this.

Believe the scraps of serious advice you get when people tell you its a painfully impractical idea both mechanically and financially. If you want a rwd then it's a more practical idea to just buy one, otherwise you run the risk of wasting oodles of time and money, and wrecking something that could have been fun as well as transport if you had left it alone and paced yourself.

If you're just on your L's then enjoy learning to drive with what you've got, learn how to do basic mechanical and mods and try not to write the thing off. Instead of attempting something that most car nuts would never bother attempting in their lifetimes :hmm:

Edited by 200Boy

• 3 weeks later...

that magna thing on carsales was complete BS. i remember when it first popped up, it was for sale at $3k. the hks engine alone is worth way more than that. notice in the engine bay shot that he has put any distinguishing features (lights,bumpers,grills,mirrors,ect) just out of shot?

either way, there is no rational reason to convert a fwd car to rwd. all the stories you hear of people doing it are experienced car builders/fabricators and only ever do it for the fun or shock factor on peoples faces.

I have a solution!!! and it's better than just RWD.

Take the 4AGE, swap for 4AGZE, turn sideways, bolt in.

Run driveshaft from one side of gearbox to MA61 IRS diff and suspension in rear.

Bolt driveshaft from OTHER side of gearbox to MA61 diff now sitting in the front.

get driveshafts to connect from new front diff to standard CV joints.

4WD for fun and profit!!!