Ke20-ae86 Suspension Parts

Hey All,

I'm currently toying with the idea of making some affordable suspension parts for KE20-AE86 rolla's, at the moment I'm developing some replacement bushed and rose joint castor arm assemblies for KE20-AE86's that don't have the stock shitty design castor bushes and make changing swaybars a whole lot easier. They will be a straight bolt in item and cost around $400 per car. The idea i have can also be adapted to early dattos, mazda's and anything else that has a similar castor rod design.

The second thing I'm thinking about is a bolt in rack and pinion front end for KE20-55 rolla's

The third item I'm toying with is bolt in 3-4 link kits for KE20-55 rolla's, the kit can be done with bushes or rose joints and include the 2 lower links, a panard bar, an upper link, coilovers (or at least coils), shocks, and a bolt in frame that it all mounts to. I'm thinking of designing the kit to suit a T series diff.

I currently have access to a KE55 sedan for measurements but what i need to know is:

are there any differences in the rear floor section between KE30 series and KE50 series sedans, 2 door sedans, coupes, p/vans and station wagons?

as above but KE20 series vans/coupes/sedans/etc

On top of the above, i can possibly design similar setups for other makes/models/brands/etc

If anybody can think of anything else that is worth designing let me know your thoughts

Also, if this is in the wrong section i apologise.

Beau

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate!

Def be up for the rack and pinion and 4-link setup for KE30! As far as I know there isn't any floor pan differences

between the 4-door sedans KE30-KE55). I'll have to compare my KE30 2-door sedan (not coupe) to someone elses

KE30 sedan to check for any differences. I'm quite sure that the KE55's have the same floor pan as KE30's.

As for the rest, I'm not sure.

Well for the KE20 stuff I'm gonna need some help from you guys, if someone can give (or can lend) me basically all the suspension mounting points and stuff in the front of the car (crossmember, all the steering components, castor arms, castor arm mounts and lower arms) then i can make everything off that. Also, assuming that most KE20's run different than stock engines of various types I'd have a generic type of engine mount that is similar to the mounts used in mick's (radrollaz) ke30 sedan (a shackle bush) and the mounts that go from the engine to the mounts would have to be fabricated to suit by the owner.

Some of the front end stuff could (KE30-70 castor arm assemblies and KE30-55 crossmembers) be made up not to long into the new year but the rear end stuff will take longer as I'm a little strapped for room at the moment.

KE10's are narrow and a pain in the arse to be honest, if there is either A) enough interest or B) u are willing to pay and lend me your KE10 then i will do it. A 1 off will cost but the trade off will be the replacement of everything from the strut tops down, the original setup is to hard to work with. I may be looking into it for someone else so i'll keep u posted on that one

KE10's are narrow and a pain in the arse to be honest, if there is either A) enough interest or B) u are willing to pay and lend me your KE10 then i will do it. A 1 off will cost but the trade off will be the replacement of everything from the strut tops down, the original setup is to hard to work with. I may be looking into it for someone else so i'll keep u posted on that one

Well I really want one for a 10 too, but was willing to take one for a 20 as a trade off and try and make it work.

If you are keen as there is two of us perhaps we can discuss further.

I know for a fact that people really need some sort of other options for 10's and 11's so :lol:

• 3 weeks later...