Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20-ae86 Suspension Parts

Featured Replies

Hey All,

 

I'm currently toying with the idea of making some affordable suspension parts for KE20-AE86 rolla's, at the moment I'm developing some replacement bushed and rose joint castor arm assemblies for KE20-AE86's that don't have the stock shitty design castor bushes and make changing swaybars a whole lot easier. They will be a straight bolt in item and cost around $400 per car. The idea i have can also be adapted to early dattos, mazda's and anything else that has a similar castor rod design.

 

The second thing I'm thinking about is a bolt in rack and pinion front end for KE20-55 rolla's

 

The third item I'm toying with is bolt in 3-4 link kits for KE20-55 rolla's, the kit can be done with bushes or rose joints and include the 2 lower links, a panard bar, an upper link, coilovers (or at least coils), shocks, and a bolt in frame that it all mounts to. I'm thinking of designing the kit to suit a T series diff.

 

I currently have access to a KE55 sedan for measurements but what i need to know is:

 

are there any differences in the rear floor section between KE30 series and KE50 series sedans, 2 door sedans, coupes, p/vans and station wagons?

 

as above but KE20 series vans/coupes/sedans/etc

 

On top of the above, i can possibly design similar setups for other makes/models/brands/etc

 

If anybody can think of anything else that is worth designing let me know your thoughts

 

Also, if this is in the wrong section i apologise.

 

Beau

  • Replies 30
  • Views 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in anything KE20 really and definitely willing to pay good money for things.

 

Especially interested in the rack and pinion conversion :lol:

Hey mate!

 

Def be up for the rack and pinion and 4-link setup for KE30! As far as I know there isn't any floor pan differences

between the 4-door sedans KE30-KE55). I'll have to compare my KE30 2-door sedan (not coupe) to someone elses

KE30 sedan to check for any differences. I'm quite sure that the KE55's have the same floor pan as KE30's.

 

As for the rest, I'm not sure.

  • Author

Well for the KE20 stuff I'm gonna need some help from you guys, if someone can give (or can lend) me basically all the suspension mounting points and stuff in the front of the car (crossmember, all the steering components, castor arms, castor arm mounts and lower arms) then i can make everything off that. Also, assuming that most KE20's run different than stock engines of various types I'd have a generic type of engine mount that is similar to the mounts used in mick's (radrollaz) ke30 sedan (a shackle bush) and the mounts that go from the engine to the mounts would have to be fabricated to suit by the owner.

 

Some of the front end stuff could (KE30-70 castor arm assemblies and KE30-55 crossmembers) be made up not to long into the new year but the rear end stuff will take longer as I'm a little strapped for room at the moment.

  • Author

KE10's are narrow and a pain in the arse to be honest, if there is either A) enough interest or B) u are willing to pay and lend me your KE10 then i will do it. A 1 off will cost but the trade off will be the replacement of everything from the strut tops down, the original setup is to hard to work with. I may be looking into it for someone else so i'll keep u posted on that one

KE10's are narrow and a pain in the arse to be honest, if there is either A) enough interest or B) u are willing to pay and lend me your KE10 then i will do it. A 1 off will cost but the trade off will be the replacement of everything from the strut tops down, the original setup is to hard to work with. I may be looking into it for someone else so i'll keep u posted on that one

 

Well I really want one for a 10 too, but was willing to take one for a 20 as a trade off and try and make it work.

 

If you are keen as there is two of us perhaps we can discuss further.

 

I know for a fact that people really need some sort of other options for 10's and 11's so :lol:

I would possibly be keen for some gear for my KE10 also...

  • Author

Well if thats the case i better look into KE10 stuff.

 

Sometime early next year can anybody lend me a KE10 early next year for measurement purposes? That person will get the first setup at cost price.

Floor pan between the 30/55's and the 36/38's are different in their placing of the shock absorbers. I dare say this will be the case with KE16/18 and KE26's when compared to the sedans they were derived from.

  • 3 weeks later...

i have a ke10 that i need front end mods,and would be willing to lend u it,only prolem is it has a v6 sitting in it so would be a little difficult to make the parts from that

ahh, to be honest I'd probably just go through the rigours of building it myself.

 

If I get around to making (hahaha) then I'd be happy to pass designs on to others who're better equipped for producing multiples~!

  • Author
i have a ke10 that i need front end mods,and would be willing to lend u it,only prolem is it has a v6 sitting in it so would be a little difficult to make the parts from that

 

 

Maybe not, where r u located?

R&P and 3/4 link rear end for a KE30 coupe would definitely grab my attention!

Rack and pinion for ke30/55 but i would want to know specific plans..

i will not want to replace my struts or steering knuckles. i would think you would consider and ae82 rack and pinion setup?

or something different.?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.