Need Help Identifying My 4age + Box

Beauc

hey man I'm theo i no how 2 get that engine running and no what car its cums out of just look 2 cee if there is any type of modification made to the bell housing if there is mods done 2 it its either a sprinter box or a supra box and the engine is a first generation 4age from 83 to 87 i no 4 sure cause i own one i run one at the moment mines out of an 87 seca ae82 front wheel drive type but yeah i no all the timming settings there not hard at all u need 2 run a 2 coil distributer with the original wiring loom any newer loom u need a 3 coil distributer thats running a loom from 89 on wards they don't run tvis its was changed i might be new here but i no from moding my corolla from a single over head cam into the 4age twin cam and i build another 1089 seca witch we had the distributer problem i had 2 fix witch the 89 has 3 coils in the distributer witch i found 1 but its was stuffed so i looked at the 3sge celcia witch has almost the same setup tho u carnt advance it but the coils are the same so i swaped the inside coils out from the celcia distribiter into the 89 corolle dizi and it works realy good but yeah it all come down 2 how far u wana push it i learn sum good shit

post-9999-1261702330_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man I'm theo i no how 2 get that engine running and no what car its cums out of just look 2 cee if there is any type of modification made to the bell housing if there is mods done 2 it its either a sprinter box or a supra box and the engine is a first generation 4age from 83 to 87 i no 4 sure cause i own one i run one at the moment mines out of an 87 seca ae82 front wheel drive type but yeah i no all the timming settings there not hard at all u need 2 run a 2 coil distributer with the original wiring loom any newer loom u need a 3 coil distributer thats running a loom from 89 on wards they don't run tvis its was changed i might be new here but i no from moding my corolla from a single over head cam into the 4age twin cam and i build another 1089 seca witch we had the distributer problem i had 2 fix witch the 89 has 3 coils in the distributer witch i found 1 but its was stuffed so i looked at the 3sge celcia witch has almost the same setup tho u carnt advance it but the coils are the same so i swaped the inside coils out from the celcia distribiter into the 89 corolle dizi and it works realy good but yeah it all come down 2 how far u wana push it i learn sum good shit

We appreciate you helping out but without punctuation and some effort in making that paragraph make any sense whatsoever, youve basically just wasted your time.

WTF :thumbsup:

Does anyone know good jap wreckers around Sydney for parts for it?

Chasing

-Dizzy (Do i need a certain type?)

-Exhaust manifold (Might get a china ebay one and fix it up)

-Altenator

-Starter motor

-AFM probably

-Stock ECU for now (Any type or should there be a special one i need to get?)

-1 x Cam cover bolt, the little silver ones

-1 x flywheel

Edited by Beauc

i got a manifold if u need one and i no i no u need the 2 coild dizzy witch my friend has one i can get it 4 u if i can meet u ill show u my car and motor its the same as yours i do have sum parts at home i got cam cover bolts and ill give u the number of the wreachers my number is 0430794408

Chasing

-Altenator

-Starter motor

-AFM probably

-1 x flywheel

1988 corolla wtf?? why go into all that detail with dizzy coils... what 4age has a coil in the dizzy anyway? none. get the right one to start with, no problems.

beauc that version came in ae86, aa63 or at141. ie the rwd bigport tvis bluetop 3rib engine. the fwd version come in ae82 and at16# celica etc. the head/block/sump on fwd are same as rwd version.. it's just the bolt on stuff that varies. the jdm map version is rated at 130PS which converts to about 95kw.

you have a T50 there with 4a bell.. it looks like clutch fork and slave cylinder is on exhaust side.. which suggests its from an aussie ae71 or ae86?

"Chasing

-Dizzy (Do i need a certain type?) - a bluetop one.

-Exhaust manifold (Might get a china ebay one and fix it up) - a std ae86, aa63, at141 4age manifold will work

-Altenator- the ae82 fwd 4age alternator also fits and works. double check plug is same.

-Starter motor - any 16v 4age with starter on exhaust side should bolt in. some may have different position for the wiring.

-AFM probably - use a map sensor and map type ecu = better

-Stock ECU for now (Any type or should there be a special one i need to get?) - a bluetop one that matches the engine loom.

-1 x Cam cover bolt, the little silver ones - they use studs and chrome nuts don't they?

-1 x flywheel - any 8bolt 4age flywheel will bolt on the crank.. but later versions have a larger clutch so you'll need a matching clutch and clutch plate spline to suit the gearbox used. 4agze clutch assy won't fit in a t50.

late k50 shifter (ke70) and shifter housing fit the late t50 (te71/ae86/tt141).

Also the lo/hi shifter from some 4wd hilux box fits in a t50, but can't remember if its the W56, G52 or R151. it is shorter too but you'll need to bend the shaft backwards to make it feel right otherwise it sits too far forward.

Edited by AE25

AE25 - Your a legend mate, obviously you know a lot about the various 4age!

Thanks heaps for giving me all that information!!!

I will start the hunt this week for all the random bits, car was going to be pulled apart today but stuff keeps coming

up, taking it for one last drive to Sydney today it will be the last time it gets driven till it's completed!!

ok man inside ur dizi u got 2 black boxes on the out side of the dizi sharft they have coils inside it dosnt matter bout if its out of a sprinter or an ae82 they are the same i play around with them all the time and I'm am talking bout the big port blue motor that the motor in his picture and its the motor i use at the momment its the best motor 2 have guys it depends on what loom u use to what dizi u use 2 so get the loom that surports tvis cause that motor runs best on

mine is an import aswell i got mine out of a sprinter and got it running myself but i made it frint wheel drive and a bet u would love how it goes if i took u 4 a drive there is no modes done 2 it cause luck of money and loss of job but as soon as i get a another job its back working on it

1988 corolla wtf?? why go into all that detail with dizzy coils... what 4age has a coil in the dizzy anyway? none. get the right one to start with, no problems.

beauc that version came in ae86, aa63 or at141. ie the rwd bigport tvis bluetop 3rib engine. the fwd version come in ae82 and at16# celica etc. the head/block/sump on fwd are same as rwd version.. it's just the bolt on stuff that varies. the jdm map version is rated at 130PS which converts to about 95kw.

you have a T50 there with 4a bell.. it looks like clutch fork and slave cylinder is on exhaust side.. which suggests its from an aussie ae71 or ae86?

"Chasing

-Dizzy (Do i need a certain type?) - a bluetop one.

-Exhaust manifold (Might get a china ebay one and fix it up) - a std ae86, aa63, at141 4age manifold will work

-Altenator- the ae82 fwd 4age alternator also fits and works. double check plug is same.

-Starter motor - any 16v 4age with starter on exhaust side should bolt in. some may have different position for the wiring.

-AFM probably - use a map sensor and map type ecu = better

-Stock ECU for now (Any type or should there be a special one i need to get?) - a bluetop one that matches the engine loom.

-1 x Cam cover bolt, the little silver ones - they use studs and chrome nuts don't they?

-1 x flywheel - any 8bolt 4age flywheel will bolt on the crank.. but later versions have a larger clutch so you'll need a matching clutch and clutch plate spline to suit the gearbox used. 4agze clutch assy won't fit in a t50.

late k50 shifter (ke70) and shifter housing fit the late t50 (te71/ae86/tt141).

Also the lo/hi shifter from some 4wd hilux box fits in a t50, but can't remember if its the W56, G52 or R151. it is shorter too but you'll need to bend the shaft backwards to make it feel right otherwise it sits too far forward.

post-9999-1261967205_thumb.jpg

its theo here if u need parts there is a good wrecker in smithfeild called grahams he only deals in toyota's or nissan's I'm pretty sure his number is 0296049366 his is a realy good wrecker id give 10 out of 10 but a bit pricey he does no bout 4age and has parts 2 that the best place 2 get them

Chasing

-Altenator

-Starter motor

-AFM probably

-1 x flywheel

ok man inside ur dizi u got 2 black boxes on the out side of the dizi sharft they have coils inside it dosnt matter bout if its out of a sprinter or an ae82 they are the same i play around with them all the time and I'm am talking bout the big port blue motor that the motor in his picture and its the motor i use at the momment its the best motor 2 have guys it depends on what loom u use to what dizi u use 2 so get the loom that surports tvis cause that motor runs best on

mine is an import aswell i got mine out of a sprinter and got it running myself but i made it frint wheel drive and a bet u would love how it goes if i took u 4 a drive there is no modes done 2 it cause luck of money and loss of job but as soon as i get a another job its back working on it

Strike two. One moderator has asked you to make your posts clearer, now I am.

From the rules you have agreed to:

1.3.0 don't write in leet speak or SMS style. We don't charge by the letter and theres a great big monitor to read full words. This can be very annoying to try and decypher and you will recieve warnings where admins/mods see fit. lnk cr b82rez 2g4 "Me was tryin' to save time."

and

1.5.0 Please read your post before you hit the button. Post as much information as you can so people know what you are on about. Check your spelling, you will be visited by the spelling fairy (pictured below) if you repeatedly ignore requests to fix your spelling. Occasional slip ups are fine, we're not perfect, but at least try and make it look like you passed english. Please try to use punctuation. Even if you don't know exactly how to do it perfectly, try to break up your posts. Its very hard to read one long sentence that spans several lines. Repeat offenders may be warned.

Please make an effort to make your posts clearer.

Regards,

Rollaclub Mods.

omg i talking 2 idoits man well use guys must be 2 old 4 me i talk slang u don't like it well don't read it plus and also ae25 don't no shit i don't no how i join a club of retarts that aint shit i built my car on my own with getting everything rite but u guys just talk shit don't bother asking me 4 shit ill just delete ur emails dogs

Spelling, punctuation and grammar are not rocket science, but reading your posts is. :dance:

Strike three.

i bet u guys carnt drive either that why u a bitch on here bout shit u don't no bout corolla's or the 4age they have fallen into the wrong hands

Can't imagine what I've been doing wrong all these years.......

Edited by Redwarf