Beauc's Ke30

Beauc

Hay beauc

Good to see you started ,4 weeks wow some late nites in the shed coming up :jamie: Best get some more beer id say.

As for the cross member just bolt it back on the holes that directly behind where it originally fitted.

If your t50 is 20 spline output shaft ,the drive shaft will bolt straight back in no worries.Because your shifter position is at the rear of the box

you will have to cut a hole for the stick and maybe bend the stick to suit.

keep us posted on progress rob (just read it was auto not sure about cross member may need a manual ke30 or 55 one not sure what auto one looked like)

Edited by corollaart

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay beauc

Good to see you started ,4 weeks wow some late nites in the shed coming up :y: Best get some more beer id say.

As for the cross member just bolt it back on the holes that directly behind where it originally fitted.

If your t50 is 20 spline output shaft ,the drive shaft will bolt straight back in no worries.Because your shifter position is at the rear of the box

you will have to cut a hole for the stick and maybe bend the stick to suit.

keep us posted on progress rob (just read it was auto not sure about cross member may need a manual ke30 or 55 one not sure what auto one looked like)

Yeah it's totally not going to happen in the time frame, 60 hour weeks at work at the moment :jamie:

But i will see how i go! Looks like i might have to source a manual cross member if my mate can't fabricate something out

of the auto one, I will have to count the splines on it, i put the tailshaft over it before and it felt a little bit loose which worries me...

I'm going to sit the motor a little bit forward, not too much though so i might not have to cut as much as i think out

I've already got the carpet pulled back ready to go :lolcry:

Yo, Beau,

Do you still need a surge tank? i got one here if you want. Nothing flash but sure to do the job

Thanks SLO, appreciate it mate, i've just ordered one from ebay, just a universal 1.5L i think, Should this do

the job?

Had a bit of a win today, Went and saw Brad down at BDC performance at lunch with a list of stuff i needed and he

pulled alot of it off one of his 4age motors that was going in one of his ae86 sprinters, and sold them too much which got me out of

trouble!!

P5230430.jpg

P5230431.jpg

P5230432.jpg

P5230434.jpg

P5230437.jpg

P5230438.jpg

Also getting a pedal box out of one of his sprinters to see if it will do the job in my KE

Might as well compose a list of stuff still to come

*Surge Tank

*VL pump

*Alternator and Bracket

*Leads

*Plugs

*Loom

*Waterpump/Alt belt

*Radiator

*Radiator hoses

*Clutch master cylinder - Picking up from Reliance Brakes

*Flywheel

*Clutch Kit - Picking up from reliance brakes

*Tailshaft - Picking this up from Shaun next week

*Exhaust

*MAP intake

*Accel cable - Might get brakesmart to make one

Anything else i've missed?

Edited by Beauc

Pedal box and clutch master cylinder from the ae86, used it to match up a brand new one from my old work which is a brake and clutch place.

$20 for a new one I think it was part number TJB1140 or something i'll have a look when i go back and pick it up from the shop with my clutch..

Got home and measured the holes compared to the ones on the car and it should fit on perfect which is good...

IMG00810.jpg

IMG00811.jpg

Quick update, not much has been happening physically with the car, was supposed to be mounted tomorrow but i've been moved up to 7 days a week

working now which is a pretty big chunk out of my week that's 70 hours!!

But the money is good and it's helping buy all the parts required.

Waiting on a few bits from Craig at Just JDM Imports, he seems to know his stuff and is sending me a complete loom, ECU and Injectors to suit my motor

Which we both agreed would be better than the injectors and computer i already had as they might have been mis-matched, this will save

and headaches and doubts when it comes time to turn the key.

Cam Covers still need to be powder coated, I'm thinking red at this stage and knocking the top off the writing

so they are silver..

IMG00826.jpg

IMG00825.jpg

Happy Australia day guys!

Had some good news today! The 4x4 is gone...but i have another cheap daily to run around in for a while

until my car gets on the road which is awesome because i was never going to finish it

in the 4 week time frame that i was given!

This gives me a bit more time to do things carefully and not rush it and make stupid mistakes..

Cheers Ryan, i'll find out about that thing tomorrow for you

So....

P6090452.jpg

P6090453.jpg

P6090454.jpg

P6090455.jpg

P6090456.jpg

P6090457.jpg

P6090458.jpg

P6090469.jpg

P6090468.jpg

P6090461.jpg

I have it sitting exactly where i want it mounted, not too far forward, but not right up against the firewall, i think i have

around 5 to 5 and a half inches from the rear to the firewall. My mate drew up some templates of the mounts and is taking it

to work to make them up.

Also does anyone know what the mystery gearbox that he gave me is?