Greenmacs Other Ke!!

greenmac80

Members dont see this ad

yeah i know it'd be hard to do but imagine the wheels you'd be able to fit under them hehe, i dunno about costing millions of dollars for a guard, maybe go to the wreckers and find a rear ended taxi cab or something maybe :hmm: , i do understand why you'd use a kesev guard though sameish body shape and easier to work with :P

pics on friday night... so far the bell plate came out wrong. i have to move 4 holes turns out its a bit off centre on the 4e side.

dizzy has been modded.. well the housing has been shortened and thats no easy job.

stripped 5 doors bare today

started doing some body work. turns out the drivers door i bought to replace mine is gonna take huge amounts of work to get striaght... shoulda checked it better when i bought it.

sussin another door out tmoz. if its no good then i'll have to get some carbon shrink rods and cross my fingers.

tomorrows plan is to sit the engine in the bay ad fab the engine mounts. + do some more body work.

then thursday fab up my dizzy mount and do more bodywork..

friday is to head to work and properly weld and powdercoat my mounts and mod the bell plate to suit.

soooo. i'm hoping that by friday the bulk of the body work will be done and the engine will be free standing in the bay.

Ok so mounts are done and dizzy mount is half done. Turns out my exhaust manifold needs to be fully custom fabbed. Annoying but at least it'll go along with my 2.5inch zorst system i'm going to build. So tmoz is to finish the dizzy mount. And get started on modding the sump. Then do some bodywork if time permits. But seriously this fab work takes ages!

dizzy mount dione pretty happy with it. sump has been cut and shut. so tmoz i'm heading into work to weld the mounts up nicely with gas mig.

gonna have the stuff blasted as well. won't powdercoat just yet until i'm 100% sure its all going to work.

also need to fix my bell plate.. i stuffed up the cad drawing. the 4e side is off centre. so i'm going to weld the holes up and redrill them where they need to be.

pics tomorrow night.

ok so here are some piccies.

here are the DNA Flakes i'll be using to flake out 'corolla' on the bottom of my doors.

100_0838.jpg

1/2 sheet orbital.. awesome reducing the time in bodywork by heaps.

100_0839.jpg

state of the car last week.

100_0834.jpg

intake flange and runners... 35mm tube squashed to suit.. getting them bent hopefully tuesday probs jst a 45.

100_0878.jpg

exedy heavy duty 20v clutch.

100_0881.jpg

and next this is my solution to the dizzy problem

first off the housing it shortened alot. then a gear is added

100_0832.jpg

then bracket another gear and a belt.

obviuosly its not tensioned yet.. its just a mock up.

100_0872.jpg

100_0873.jpg

and here is the trans bolted to the motor..

100_0882.jpg

Never heard of a RWD E motor, so this is definitely a unique swap. Out of interest, how light are these motors? Must be close to a 4K, so it should be a handler hey, nice choice for a windy road eater.

Dizzy mod looks like it may need a bit more love though, does it have a tensioner for the belt? I'd use the factory spin adjuster bolt slot for timing with a custom bracket mounted to the top of the block to work as a tensioner for that extra belt. Will need a pivot point down the bottom to make it work I guess.

BTW, I'm going to try a factory FWD 3VZFE bung to block my dizzy hole, looks really close to yours too, may be worth a look.

Can't wait for the finished product! Later

Dizzy mount will get tension using shims. The pic i have there its just loosely sitting there on bolts or anything. Once bolted down its actually really tight. So a couple of small shims will really hold its tension. As for weight. I reckon it may be even lighter yesty i lifted it out me the bay on my own. I can't quiet manage that with a k motor. Its also sitting 30mm further back than a k motor as well.. Performance from the motor will be like having a mildly worked k in there. But will have smoother revs and power delivery. Will later down the track go with a 5e zfe