Greenmacs Other Ke!!

greenmac80

Members dont see this ad

mate how many leafs you running in the rear? its almost spine crunching!

yeah what ryan said. half rebound and 1 extra leaf than standard.

its stiff but not really that bad... well to me the missus doesn't like it but i do.

confy seats help a bit.

so i've jst been fro another smash in the hills and the car is much more tail happy rather than understeery makes it a lot more fun

it grip a heck of a lot better so the corner speeds are much better.

to help with the oversteery part and to get more grip i'm looking into a pair of 25mm bolt on spacers to bring the track out at the back.

once i have some money behind me i'll be getting these wheels i have now widened out to an 8" at the back and 7" up front.

has developed a fual leak from the metal line into the carby. will be fixing that this arvo.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so last friday my hg went. Missin and overheating like crazy. Shit time for it as i was moving house all week. So i kept driving it all week. So shit got worse but had no choice. Anyway i dropped a spare head off and got it all machined and what not. So this arvo i changed the head over. Took 3 hrs. Won't know till tomorrow if its all good waiting for the goo's to dry. Fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

not much to update on this thing just enjoying it out in the hills a lot.

do have plans to have some 14x 8.5" rims for the back with new tread before x mas.

also end of december its coming off the road for 3 months.. and stictly 3 months that how long i'm allowed to have

a spare car to drive.

in this time the 4e fe will be going in. and the car is getting a full respray including rust cut and panelling this time. with flared front fenders.

unsure if i'm gonna flare the rear. will decide when i get to it.

may even shave the rear vents as i now have a lot more expeience in panel work than i did in my last attempt.

i have a boot lid laying about that has had the lock shaved so that will be going on. Door locks will be disappearing too.

changing the colour as well stay tuned for the colour...

thats all!

nope... to be honest with everyone i never really liked this colour. i only went with it cos it was free.

now to repaint it again in the same colour its close to $450 for 4L of basecoat and then i gotta get clear! another $230 there. and thats at goos prices.

oh plus probs a kit of primer... another $200

so a new colour got offered to me.

its a recent VE commo colour its the darkish blue. the name escapes me. i've always liked that colour.... JDM55 will probs be pissed as thats the colour he's going for as well. but i can't say no to free paint.!!!

nope... to be honest with everyone i never really liked this colour. i only went with it cos it was free.

now to repaint it again in the same colour its close to $450 for 4L of basecoat and then i gotta get clear! another $230 there. and thats at goos prices.

oh plus probs a kit of primer... another $200

so a new colour got offered to me.

its a recent VE commo colour its the darkish blue. the name escapes me. i've always liked that colour.... JDM55 will probs be pissed as thats the colour he's going for as well. but i can't say no to free paint.!!!

that sounds cool dude can't wait to see the progress of this car

ok so i know the name of the paint now. its called 'voodoo' will look horn and i have a trick idea up my sleeve that'll make it really stand out.

so i've started on panel work now while i'm still driving it. looking a bit ghetto but it'll do.

i fitted up a pair of guards i had flared from my 55. and they looked good, one red and one black,

i purchased a pair of kesev front gaurds from HAZZARD (good dude)

i was going to use them for the rear but i decided to redo the flare job on my front fenders so out came the grinder and the welder.

so my front fenders are now flared 40mm each side. and they look great!

i have to do some panelling on em but they're looking tough.!

well i'm still in need of 2 more kesev guards to flare the rear.

i also purchased a new front door from 'oh ke' (cheers dude)

so i only have one more door to find rust free.

after some measurements..

i found that i can get my corona wheels modified to fit a 15" band. so with the flared guards i'll be going for a 15x10" rear wheel.

and with the fronts i'll be going with a 15x7" wheel.

lotsa grip! 5 inches or so of dish in the rear too.

anyway i'll get some pics up on the weekend when i have some more decent pics and some finished products to show.!