Johns Ke70 Ca18Det/ Deja Vu Pg2

johnnyblz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah man, bang on r33 gearbox on ca bellhousing. i have used a ae86 2 piece driveshaft and welded yolk on so i could have a driveshaft loop because to cert here you need one.

have ya made a decision then?

So you have a CA18 engine, R33 GTS gearbox,

What propshaft and diff do you have?

Loving it :jamie:

I want to do this to my one as well

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well after going through my s-chassis crisis i decided to go back to the small rwd which i love. So recently picked up this tidy granny spec 1983 Ke70 Gl Limited Edition goodness.

newke701.jpg

newke70.jpg

4k1.jpg

Plans as the title suggests is to get back to where i was around a year ago when some lowlife stole my ride. With a few changes here and there. So I'm going with a CA18DET between the towers.

http://corollabrotherhood.blogspot.co.nz...-ke70.html

Now started the collecting of parts to get this project started.

I picked up a CA18DET and Box with loom ecu etc

AE86 Discbrake rear, with new bushes, bearings, rotors, rebuilt capipers and a 2way LSD to top it off

Te71 Pedalbox

New clutch and Lightned Flywheel

Turbo Manifold

Chucked a new timing belt and tensioners and waterpump on. New thermostat, clutch and flywheel fitted.

ca18det-1.jpg

ca18detclutchlightfly.jpg

D1Racingclutch2.jpg

well for my gearbox setup once again i have put a split my ca gearbox and put the rear half of a skyline r33 gearbox onto it. the main reason i have done this is because the ca box is about 75mm longer then a rb box. in turn makes you have to chop more out of your car and hits handbrake. Plus its stronger and has mechanical speedo.

cavsrbboxht.jpg

also this week, i have installed my ae86 diff with some of my leftover parts that i had held onto for some reason from my old car

DSCN0088-1.jpg

cars almost ready to mount engine. can't wait.

more stuff to come

Hey guys, so ive been finishing off this TE71 pedal box. At first i thought sweet its gonna work out. But then NO!

2 problems, steering wheel was out of alignment and clutch pedal hit very bottom of column.

Luckily ive been speaking with a 86fiend and he sent me a link for a spacer. So i went out and brought a tap and die set and came up with this.

DSCN0113.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

And for the clutch pedal i got my stock brake pedal and welded it and chopped clutch pedal to suit. it feels good and in the right position unlike bending it. prety happy

DSCN0110.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

Also in the last few weeks ive manage to keep collecting the parts that i need for this sucker. Got stuff like exhaust, bov, gauges and most exciting of the lot,

Some adjustable front suspension. They've got Wilwood 4pot calipers and vented disks, ps arms, rosejointed lower arms.

Should give me enough stopping power to get cert, and its still possible to run 14's

Just waiting to get engine all mounted up and then i'll have all guns blazing

WILWOODBRAKE.jpg

ADJCAMBER.jpg

ADJUSTIESS03.jpg