Dual/twin Carb Manifold On 4k?

eiriksmil

To you that are running dual carbs, what have you done with the manifold? Is it a custom piece built out of the stock 4K intake manifold or do you get these somewhere? Tempted to throw a set of dualies on one of my 4K. The other 4K is getting a turbo build, ask me how I feel about manifolds in a couple of months :lolcry:

Members dont see this ad
haha! Ask Tojo all about it!

He should have a twin SU manifold arriving in Norway soon!

Yes, realy looking forward to that :lolcry:

Theres at least 4 ways to go for twin carbs. dcoe style, idf style, sus and aisin carb style.

Each require different manifolds. When you choose , youll need to look at what you got room for (lhd) , how much $ and work you want to spend

and what kind of an upgrade your after \ other engine mods.

IMO unless you`re building something serious with a big cam, a small single weber dcd or dgav and an adaptorplate is probably the best bang for buck

Spend some money on it for tuning to get decent driveability and gains

oh and get ready for some customising.

i'm going through this process on a 4k motor i have in a Honda S600 and i'm using 1.5 inch su's first problem was the manifold did not allow the throttle linkage to be pull up type, it wanted the cable to come in underneath, so i bought spacers from an MGB, great now my fuel bowls don't fit in the cut out, but wait i can undo the mounting bolt for the fuel bowls and turn them slightly, bummer now the fuel pickup hose from bowl to jet isnt long enough, so order new jets.

bolt it all back and now the air cleaners touch the underside of the bonnet, so sort that out.

start it up and wow it runs, but idle speed to high, suspect the spring loaded valves in the butterfly s, so order straight discs and fit them, still idles to high

got to talking with a fellow member and decided maybe the shafts are worn, so pulled them off again and on closer inspection the choke adjusting screw was holding one carby open a little to far, great stuff wack then both on again and yipee it idles beautifully,

dam spoke to soon, now the needle and seat's are leaking(new), the electric fuel pump is putting out to much pressure, so its of to the parts house to get a fuel pressure regulator

maybe then it will be perfect

so after all that my point is be prepared for the required fabricating, its not a bolt on job

Ewen