Ke30 - 55's

LukeAE71

Members dont see this ad
Makes me cry thinking about all the speedway kids ive known that buy pristine ones and turn them into junours, crash them and then start again. They will only get rarer and I'm guessing they'll keep getting more expensive as more of them fall victim to rust, speedway and p platers

Dude, nothing has changed. 50 years ago, there were 32 fords and A Model coupes getting destroyed on a speedway track, and they always are and always will be much sought after than a bloody corolla!

My mate rang me once, he was all excited cos some granny offered hers to him for 3000 and he was interested in buying it! that was 2006, I laughed my arse off.

some people are happy to buy a $500 shitbox then spend a lot of time and money doing it up, but seeing as the average wage in aus is now $75000 a year $3000 for a real good one seems like a bargain, also your dollied up one will never be worth much but an original one in good condition will only appreciate, theres an old saying, if you want to end up with a good car you have to start with a good car. i don,t think there would be anyone that has restored a car that didn,t wish they started with a better base

holy shit curly, 75k - where you getting those figures from I'm sure plenty of people are keen to show them to their boss man and hit him up for a pay rise! (ABS shows about 65k)

You're dead right about starting with a good base though, just makes the quest so much easier.

holy shit curly, 75k - where you getting those figures from I'm sure plenty of people are keen to show them to their boss man and hit him up for a pay rise! (ABS shows about 65k)

You're dead right about starting with a good base though, just makes the quest so much easier.

Doesnt make much difference 75 takes 2 weeks pay to buy, one 65 takes 2 weeks 2days try to buy a good beetle for$3000 in original condit surely rwd corollas arent a less desirable car than that, I think they are badly undervalued, heres a quick comparison all 75 models mazda 808, mazda 808 coupe, beetle, datsun 1200, 1600,stanza, galant, early mini, check any of these in good condit, this corolla club is the only place where corollas are considered near worthless, infact if i advertise a good one i don't even bother to put it on here, all i get are people telling me they,re worth nothing, rusty heaps on the other hand seem to race out the door, bit sad really

Take a look on the Japan car sites some time... I've seen a 2TG converted KE30 actually sell for $45,000AU.

it all comes down to what people are willing to pay. That said, if every KE30 owner suddenly decides that they won't advertise for less than $2000, then guess what... you won't be able to get a KE30 for less than $2000, so if you really want one, you'll have to find the cash. you'll have to be willing to pay that much.

I don't think that they are worth that much, so for me, I'll keep buying KE20s and T18s... for less than $800.

Take a look on the Japan car sites some time... I've seen a 2TG converted KE30 actually sell for $45,000AU.

it all comes down to what people are willing to pay. That said, if every KE30 owner suddenly decides that they won't advertise for less than $2000, then guess what... you won't be able to get a KE30 for less than $2000, so if you really want one, you'll have to find the cash. you'll have to be willing to pay that much.

I don't think that they are worth that much, so for me, I'll keep buying KE20s and T18s... for less than $800.

There was a genuine rx3 a couple of months ago totally orig in aus sold for $53500 as for models its up to pesonal opinion

there getting rare hence price is on the rise. i wreckon with 2 door coupes people are wiling to pay more....i still find cheap sedans around... i been trying to find a coupe for parts but i aint paying more than 1k for a shitter which half the time don't even run and has rust.....

i remember 7 or so yrs ago wreckers had overrated ones to good for wrecking going for price of a f@$ked up one now days...

i notice a few for sale online which were bought for f@$k all no doubt and people just trying to make a quick buck as someone online is willing to pay to much more ... :wink:

Edited by blktoy35

Cuzzo, sorry to upset ya man but here's the link to the ABS August key figures on income if ya want to read up a bit more.

Median age for workers in Australia is 37 years old roughly fconsider that the age where you'll be earning the average salary. I'd check back in 12 years time if I were you.

If you can average 4% pay increases annually over then next 12 years you'll be earning about 65k, on the money. Mind you that's not accounting for movment in the annual income average. No need to worry!

You know the deal though curly, as soon as you get heavily involved in a car specific "community", the outside world value becomes completely different to within the community.

I used to own an AE86 before the clowns all wanted to drive panda's and the Full Sik crowd got onto it. Same thing again, when everyone started paying stupid cash for sprinters these guys were still buying and selling AE86's with 3 figure pricetags. They knew they could get them cheaper if they tried so they wouldn't pay what others wanted. When I sold mine, I put it on the general market because I knew trying to sell on twincam16.org I'd never get the money for it.

me and a mate recently purchased 2 ke55 coupes and a ke70 sedan all running for 300 bucks, and i got my pano for 200 bucks with 6 months rego in overrated cond (isn't now though), just need to keep your eye's open and don't be scared to make an offer to buy them.

my first corolla was a one owner ke20 for $650 with 6 months rego. i ended up selling it for $200 as a shell :wink: now when i look for one they start at like 2grand for one that was worse then mine and unregoed :hmm:

my first ke30 was $600 no rego or rwc with a fully worked 4k, 5 speed and locked diff. bought it from the local wreckers.

next was a ke36 for $1,500. 5k, 4 speed, mags, prelude front seats, exhaust and rego.

now i got a ke36, $500, 4k with 3k head, 4 speed, different front seats, exhaust, painted phantom purple. has a bit of rust though

Put it this way, if you are worried about prices of cars, stay away from them.

As people have said, they are worth what people will pay for them, Mazda's are a good example

rx3s and r100 coupes are worth a f@$king overrated these days and were worth sweet f@$k all 10 years ago..

I bought my rx7 in 2008 for $8500 and sold it one year later to the week for $4900, with 12 months rego, when people

were scared about the whole recession thing etc and my car was overrated as and had some goodies on it too, hi-flow turbo

strut braces etc.

Try and find one as original that went as quick as mine for the original price i paid now...

Pics

RX71.jpg

RX73.jpg

RX75.jpg

*Excuse the bum bag, not mine, previous owner took the pics*

Now for my corolla, i'm not scared to say i paid $3000 for it, 12 months rego, new tyres, ok body, good interior.

I don't care what anyone says i thought it was worth the money i paid, I'm not looking to please anybody else but myself with it

I don't plan to make money on the car when i sell it, as i sold my rx7 for only 2k more than this and the car ran rings around late

model rexies and skylines etc.

$3k its like 2 weeks pay, and i'm 21, who gives a f@$k, as these cars get destroyed and crashed they become more sought after

in a good condition, its the way it goes.