Project 10.

TheNOBBLER

Well, had a bit of fun this weekend over at TE278U's worskshop, got busy pulling the parts car appart and brought home a 5k and 5speed for it, should do nicely in the 11 once the twins are on it and I get Stu's hot head on it to bump the comp up then throw in a decent cam. Trust me, the stock 5k did wekk enough in the ke26!

Engine will go in a s soon as I get the 4k and 4 speed out and pain the bay, pretty simple little engine bay to paint so it wont take long... especially as I'm just after the clean and simple look, not a show car after all.

New wheels too, I have some rebels for it that look suitable japanese but they are 114.3pattern and I cbf changing it over at the moment, so on went the cheviot jelly beans from the parts wagon, a rather large improvement I must say! And I will be giving them a polish later on to get them looking really good.

Other than that, its still slow going at the moment. Wont be long til things pick up and it starts going together ready for some fun.

JP

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

Ahh... excuse the rust and dents!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Johno, will do!

The 5k and 5 speed are resting at my place now, will get to removing the 4k and 4speed soon to clean up the engine bay. Pretty sure I'm just going satin black for this one, will be nicely done with everything painted/detailed properly. The chrome plater owes me some favours so you never know what will happen!

Also, the car will get everything done before body and paint, I will do the rust repairs etc and make the car presentable but the final job will be done after I have has the car hooning round fora while do I can sort out the bugs. This way if anything needs to change or be modified I don't have to worry about ruining fresh paint! Will be tidy, just not as good as I will be. Plus, I can see myself cutting into this car :P

JP

Ahh... Yeah... Was a small seemingly unfunny joke of the day! Was the one headlight reference on the car... But yeah he went a bit crazy! :rolls:

will have to upload the better one I think, tis much better.

Either way, it should go well in the 11 considering it's 2/3 the wieght.

JP

• 4 weeks later...

dude UPDATE on the 11

i was expecting all sort of nasty comments regarding the wagon when u got home,

if u were here now we got some huge cruises going, last week aws 40 cars, and next week should be bigger

No bad words needed about the BRD! Except it sounds like a GZE but goes like a ... Well, stocker... ;)

I'm actually sitting in the 10deg temp watching the v8's wishing I was back up north in the heat watching it for real!

As for updates, I haven't had time to get into it but the engine and box (4k 4sp) that are in it are almost out, will finish that tomorrow then I will start cleaning up the engine bay for paint before the 5k and 5 speed with the dellortos goes in. Looking forward to that day!

The only change to my plans so far has been the colour, I was going factory white but I have decided against it. I'm going bright orange now :dance: I have wanted another orange car for ages so nows my chance. Will be Hemi orange/Mandarin red. Pretty much the same colour. Is a real rich but bright orange. Can't wait! Going yo do the engine bay and all door jams and dash etc myself and my mate and I will prep the rest of the car and he will spray the rest. Will still be running a black bonnet, will also run gavclassic style side stripes in black and I will do the interior in black with some orange highlights.

Will keep the pics coming as I have them :dance:

Jarrad

lol i miss my poor man GZE, had to finally giveup and replace power steering pump. now its just slow, even feels slower

glad ur gunnna start doin the 11 again. next trip ur gunna have to do to visit me will be qld, then thatll be a GREAT cruise