Project 10.

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, seems the game is up! :)

it is in fact a completely different car, it was an offer I couldn't refuse! This has replaced the 11 for my project and Deano has bought the 11 off me to complete it much the same as I had planned but over a longer time period. Sothere will be two of them racing around!

It is in fact a 68, so it's got the late dash and door trims but early seat trim style. In fact the interior is overrated! Even the rubber floor mat is near perfect. It's originally "k" powered toyoglide car and is very straight for it's age, the boot, bonnet and front guard have been repaired and will be getting painted in the next couple of weeks.

Most of the running gears been rebuilt so that's a bonus. Hendo, as for the brakes it came with late corolla disks ready to bolt on with calipers etc. I will get some 20 hubs to keep this pattern to run some wheels I may have lined up. Planning on upgrading to a galant or similar master cyl as it's currently missing one altogether.

The engine bays been painted too... But that's another story!

Well, I have more to say but it will have to wait! It's tea time and it takes to bloody long to type on my phone!

Jarrad

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... Head porting you say Ted???

I'm sorted for a head for the moment, the old head off Stu's 11 will be going on my bottom end but I have a recoed head that's on the engine at the moment that I would like to get bigger valves and some porting done to. Will be getting in touch for sure!

You will have to take it for a spin on GOR5 Ted :D

I'm on the hunt for an early galant master cyl to sort out my brakes, then I can finish the brake lines and get it movable again... The factory drums on the front have all but siezed. Looks like I will be running ke55/70 brakes on 20 hubs to keep the early stud pattern. Will convert the strut tops to ke2x ones while I'm at it and remove the transverse spring. Need to get it low! But I suppose an engine in the bay would help there too!

I have pulled the primered panels off the car now as well, seems I'm not alowed to just paint some of the car anymore :) will be doing the whole thing once my sheds up in a couple of months. Can't wait!

JP

Edited by TheNOBBLER

Got stuck into the car again on the weekend between doing other things. Got one of my wheels polished up, only three to go!

Also got stuck into the disk brake upgrade. Running ke55 backing plates with ke70 disks and calipers with ke26 hubs to keep the old stud pattern. Will finish bolting it all together this week.

Before and after.

IMG_6807-1.jpg

IMG_5249-1.jpg

JP

Edited by TheNOBBLER

I'm on the hunt for an early galant master cyl to sort out my brakes,

I priced one brand new for 130 bucks. they had all models from GA-GD, different diameters, same bolt pattern. That was from a joint in Adelaide, but if you have trouble try Trade Brake and Clutch down on Princes highway springvale, seriously most useful brake joint I found when I was in melbourne.

Cheers for the heads up philbey, I was planning on buying a new one as I'm not really into skimping on brakes! I figure while I have an empty engine bay I should sort it all out properly.

Doogs, your right. We will be cruising in style! Mind you, I'm pretty sure my build will be a bit quicker than yours!

• 2 weeks later...

Update time.

Got stuck into the brakes over the last few weekends... My how it sucks working outside in the weather... Within he month the shed will be up, can't bloody wait!

Anyway, brakes.

I used ke 26 hubs as I had some (cheers Tate), ke55 backing plates and dust covers, ke70 disks, calipers and rubber lines all sitting on new ke10 wheel bearings. All bolted up fine after I drilled and taped the stub to 10mm bolts, some people use the factory 8mm bolts but it just didn't sit right with me.

So now I can move the car again :D The drums were almost seized solid, wasn't fun getting it in the yard! Will be either making complete new hard lines to the brake hoses from the galant master cylinder or as suggested by a mate in the brake game I could run a braided line joiner to run to the original lines. Will see what I come up with. :)

From this.

IMG_1272.jpg

to this...

IMG_3658.jpg

better make sure the wheels still fit!!!!

IMG_8930.jpg

While I had the nose in the air I thought I should start doing something about the tide height... Even if it doesn't have an engine and box in it :)

I pulled the transverse leaf out as I had planned, I will be converting to 26 strut tops and have springs made to suit once the engine etc is back in... For now I'm happy with the height the stock ball point pen springs are giving me! Even if it's only 40ish mm off the bump stops... Which is actually the springs binding! The new tops and springs will stop this problem of course.

IMG_5249-2.jpg

IMG_6807-2.jpg

I like where it sits now, gives me a little room to play with :D

Ordered my gasket kit for the 5k as well, engine should be sorted soon. Just need to finish off the bits for the solid cam conversion. Can't wait ;)

JP

Edited by TheNOBBLER