December 23, 201015 yr comment_490052 I'm watching this thread with grear interest, it is coming along very nicely. great work. wandering what accelerator cable you will be using? Shame about the radiator not working out, but there just isnt much room in those bays eh! keep up the awesome work man. Cheers Justin Report
December 25, 201015 yr comment_490496 I still think the tune issue is in the FPR. Are you going to use that return line setup? I think you must have been looking at my car too much. White with black sill and powered by a blown 5k.haha Are you going to chase 100rwkw? It'd get close with a big stick and some boost. Stu. Report
December 25, 201015 yr Author comment_490542 I think your right Stu, seems I have to much fuel pressure and the reg can't get it down to where I want. I have a really nice aeromotive carbie spec fpr that I might use if I crack the shuts! It's a return style reg so I will need to run my surge tank and second pump along with a second fuel line. More mucking around but I will NEVER have fuel pressure issues again! Don't worry, I'm painting my 10 next year! Getting rid of the black sills for good! 100kw at the Tyres may as well be my goal, it's only a carbie setup but with the right cam, more boost and a decent programable ignition I should comfortably get there. Will be plenty of box n diff breaking power! Will be back home Thursday so I will be getting back to working on it but then I'm off again on the second. Still have plenty to do! JP Report
January 14, 201115 yr Author comment_495397 Traction! I need traction! Took her for the first drive today, jeez, it's not properly tuned yet bit running pretty well and managed to light up first and second and pull harder than a 16 year old school boy in 3rd with 6psi and 20deg timing. Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaar! :cool: Report
January 16, 201115 yr Author comment_495710 Well after getting all excited about the first trip up and down the street I got stuck into getting it closer to club reg. I have rebuilt most of the front end including converting to ke26 top spring seats and shortened ke70 front springs with adjustable Koni reds doing the dampening. It's stiff but not to bad at all. I still have a pedders sway bar kit to fit (thanks Stu!) as well. Rear shocks are just munroe gas for now, it's too soft so i need to add a leaf to the pack and have them reset a little lower, just about to lip my rear guards now as they are hungry buggers eating my tyres up :) I have plenty of bigs to iron out as yet but I am working through them, the big jobs are done though so I'm feeling pretty good although I only have two weeks left until the great ocean road trip so it needs to be driven to iron out the rest of the bugs and continue tuning to get it right. I have been working on it from 7am til 2-3am most days as I had alot to do, I'm back at work tomorrow so that's the end of that! Not to mention I'm shagged! I still have some rust to touch up, the whole far will be getting painted later in the year so it's just a neaten up for now, re paint the bottom of the car black, it will all be white after the Respray and I need to paint the primered guard and boot and re assemble. Just a little bit to do! Still needs a wheel alignment and I need to figure out my peddle travel issue, might have to swap masters to another one I have that I know works well. Enough dribble, here are some pics. JP Edited January 16, 201115 yr by TheNOBBLER Report
January 18, 201115 yr comment_496294 Oh s$@t I forgot to mms those pics of how my sway bar fitted. Looking good were those shots(other than the shed shot) taken on the same day as Tate's car? I'm keen to see how this goes with some more fuel in the main jets. F'me she's punchy down low, and the sc14 over my sc12 seems to give instant boost. But I do have a fair camshaft in my 5k. Is your car blown though? Just cause I couldn't here it. Lol stu Report
January 18, 201115 yr comment_496296 What model Koni Reds are they? How well did they fit and are your springs captive? Report
January 18, 201115 yr comment_496314 using my shocks see. :P looking good man. who are you talking to about club reg? i need to get that sorted for my panno fairly soon. Report
January 18, 201115 yr Author comment_496330 Shutup Stu... Just because your blower sounds awesome and I sounds like innate a stock 5k! :P Send ms those pics, I will be fitting it next week. And opening up the main jets as well. Philbey, I have the part number written down I just have to find it! They are from dfunkts ke20, he may have it written in there. They just screwed straight into the strut, no need for any of the original gear that you have to use with other inserts. And that's a negative on the captive springs, I have 3" left of compression and 3 foot of droop! I went to see my spring maker today, he thinks my springs will be fine as he can't make anything that will stay captive and give a decent ride of hieght. Stock ke20 on springs gave it a monster truck stance as did the 70 ones, lowered or not. My only solution seems to be coilovers :) Hendo, I'm about to call Cliff and see what he says. Hopefully I will be right and have reg sorted next week. Hopefully. Report
January 18, 201115 yr comment_496352 Any chance of a video of it running/driving Jarred? If you get your 100kw ATW itll be crazy fun to drive i bet!! Love this rolla, very jealous. Report
January 18, 201115 yr comment_496398 Nice work NOBS :) You may have to hassle Graeme about club rego rather than Cliff as he has his hands full at the moment. Report
January 18, 201115 yr Author comment_496409 Ahh I see, cheers for that Matt. I will see who I can get hold of. I still have some little things to finish off as well as paint the guard and boot, I'm not sure if they would appreciate primered panels?! As for a video, shouldn't be a problem, it's not much to see/hear running at the moment. Sounds like a stocker! JP Report
January 18, 201115 yr comment_496501 Don't leave it to the last minute if you are chasing Graeme. Start now. And persist. Report
January 18, 201115 yr Author comment_496508 Will be calling after work to hopefully arange something for this weekend... I don't want to wast his time either as I'm not sure he will pass it. It's been through a rwc inspection and came up with the rust and a few other bits but I have fixed most of it. Will see what he says. JP Report
January 18, 201115 yr Author comment_496521 This is already last minute isn't it?! I only have a week and a half to get it sorted! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now