• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update time!

Things have been slow but are almost ready to get moving again. The sheds built and almost finished so I fan get to work on the rolla in there!

Mind you, I haven't been doing nothing at all. The 5k is ready to be stripped down now for the gasket kit to go through it and paint it up. Once done it will be boltedto the 5 speed and slotted in.

Things have changed intake wise as well, the picture should tell the story.

More when I have it.

IMG_0910.jpg

JP

Yeah, it's going to be fun. I need to fill the other side of the engine bay now!

Also have to do a later strut top conversion, is sitting as low as the front end will currently go. I thought it was coil bind but I'm pretty sure it's the struts running out of travel. Will be raising it for now then have some coilovers made up on shorter struts at some point.

And the ally radiator no longer fits. Bugger. Tis about 10 mm to tall now as it has to sit so far forward, I can't even run a normal bonnet latch. Oh well!

JP

Well spotted Cameron!

I can take no credit for the supercharger setup, stevejw on this forum (with the cool turbo ke15) built the entire setup and I love it, I don't usually like buying things like this as I prefer to build it myself but steve has done a brilliant proffesional job on it and I couldn't be happier.

Taz, your right it does bolt onto the manifold as per peaches but it's mounted further forward on an adapter with a built in overboost/backfire valve to save making a custom snout. The manifold has also been modified to drop it lower in the bay. It all fits under a 1x bonnet line!

It was making 10-15 psi on a 4k depending on the pulley user so I'm expecting about half that on my 5k.

Some more quick pics.

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

JP

• 1 month later...

Well... About time for an update!

Things have been coming together... the car is getting done along with house renos and finishing the shed... all of this has to be done before march when the bub comes and the cars got to be done for the Ocean Road trip in Jan... Bugger!

After having enough of the comments about the cream engine bay I decided to do something about it. I didnt want to paint it white so I decided to go against everything I would usually do and paint it black. Came up a treat for a rush job and looks great now the engines back in.

The engines had a gasket kit put through it and hopefully its not going to leak... but I bet it will... then it got a coat of charcoal grey, contrasts with the black really well and makes the clean alloy head and blower really stand out.

It was supposed to be running this weekend but I ran out of time with other things to do today. another couple oh hours to finish locking and reassembling the dissy, wire the dizzy in and fill her up with oil and water then its fire up time. I should probably hook up the exhaust too!

Will let the pics do the work.

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

Edited by TheNOBBLER