Rear Swaybar

mullet

just got a promotion so more cash flow coming in and looking at getting a rear swaybar for my 35. there are 2 i'm looking at: 1 is the Whiteline kit and the other is the Selby kit ..

just after your opinions on which is better or if there is even any difference in the 2.

thanks in advance

lachlan.

Members dont see this ad

they are both 16mm sway bars neither of the websites mention the arm length thought the whiteline is a non adjustable bar and as selby's doesn't say its adjustable i assume it isn't either.

just wondering if the whiteline is higher quality as its a little dearer or whether they are just trading off there name.

cheers

What about the ones that come off late model ke55? You could probably get one of them from a wrecker for cheap. I have one and will soon be fitting it to my wagon.. Can I expect any noticeable improvement in general daily handling?? Or are they a waste of time all together? I don't even really understand what they do.... Hmm might have to google it ;)

They stop roll at whatever end you fit them, and because of that they do exactly as Coln said.... pick up the inside wheel and let it spin in tight corners.

They also reduce traction at that end of the car, so having on one the front promotes understeer and having one on the rear promotes oversteer, as they will stop weight transfer onto the outside tyre.

In reducing roll they allow better tyre contact, so cornering power should be higher.

The Celica one I fitted to the KE70 gave it slightly better drifting ability in the wet and coupled with the Corona front LCAs the cornering is more neutral. The Cusco one I fitted on the Altezza had a marked effect- sharper turnin and it got rid of any understeer Toyota designed in. I like a car to have a trace of oversteer.

Edited by altezzaclub

From the Whiteline site :

"WHITELINE has its roots in the original Selbys Steering and Suspension company, started in the early 1960’s making sway bars. WHITELINE purchased the sway bar manufacturing division and retained the Selby’s Swaybars brand continuing a proud 30 year history."

just about to make that point. whiteline = selby's

i've got there one for the ke20 fitted to my car and it makes a world of difference. BUT only if you up-rate the front one too.

at the moment i have the same problem as coln72, me car cocks the inside wheel on tight turns. i'm not saving my $$ for the front one to match to hopefully rectify this problem.

Whiteline bought the original Selby Springs business years and years ago.

They are now in partnership with Redranger and continue to build the range that is available on-line today.

The original Don Selby still works out of a small workshop in Taren Point manufacturing Swaybars for group buys on forums/car clubs or for custom jobs.

He made the custom 22mm on the front of my car - grumpy old man but his wealth in suspension knowledge is unbelievable.