My Baby Ke30 :)

agius

Hello all

this is my baby..my KE35 i bought it off ewt for $2000

I'm currently 17 living in melb so i don't have my p's yet but the time i do get them she should be ready

My plans are:

Spray job.. a sky blue or similar colour

Rims

Lower it

Get chrome re dipped

Sound system

I'm thinking about laying cream colour carpet in to match the seats might also paint the dash cream as well

Me and dad converted it to manual before i started this thread

As for the engine i was lucky enough to buy it with a 5k motor under the hood so ill leave that baby in and do it up.

Plans for the 5k:

Ive just bought a 32/36 weber so ill be puting that in,

Ill get them electric fans for the radiator, less drag on the motor smile.gif

Ill do a bit of head work for sure but i don't know how far ill go into it as yet

Id like to change to solid valve lifters and get a nice cam

I don't know much about head work as yet but id be reading alot about it when I'm up to that stage

I want to lock the diff but i don't want to bend the axles but u can't eat ur cake and have it to.

Extractors and exhaust..nice 3inch single chrome drop pipe tip

I hope all you rolla heads enjoy my thread..ill be updating it frequently smile.gif

post-10226-1265940399_thumb.jpg

post-10226-1265940480_thumb.jpg

post-10226-1265940659_thumb.jpg

post-10226-1265940724_thumb.jpg

Edited by agius

Members dont see this ad

Welcome to the hardtop brotherhood.

I think you've got yourself a sleeper. I agree with the carpet thing. You'll find your carpet has faded. (mine has) The original brown/tan would set off the cream interior.

Good luck and keep posting.

Is it a 4 or 5 speed now?

Almost forgot. Those stupid damage strips on the sides. Mine had them as well. Must have been a 70's thing. They've gotta go. Panel beaters used to use them to hide the lines after a repair, but I HATE 'em.

Edited by Bamboo

looks very nice and good job on the gearbox conversion :) should be nice when its all done. keep us posted!!!

btw i wouldnt go for a cream carpet :) they seam to change colour rapidly with use.

thanks mate..yea ur probly right about the carpet i just hate that brown pooh colour carpet ive got at the moment but o well ill work something out hehe :laff:

Welcome to the hardtop brotherhood.

I think you've got yourself a sleeper. I agree with the carpet thing. You'll find your carpet has faded. (mine has) The original brown/tan would set off the cream interior.

Good luck and keep posting.

Is it a 4 or 5 speed now?

Almost forgot. Those stupid damage strips on the sides. Mine had them as well. Must have been a 70's thing. They've gotta go. Panel beaters used to use them to hide the lines after a repair, but I HATE 'em.

thanks mate :)

its a 4 speed now just coz i couldnt find a 5 speed at the time, i like my torque so 4 speed isnt to bad :laff:

and about them ugly yuck strips... i have terminated them don't worry champ ahaha! :)

and don't worry guys there will be plenty of updates!

Edited by agius

Hey all ive bought a 2nd hand 32/36 weber

it used to live on a mini 1200cc engine..

would any body know what size jets i need to get for it to run real good on my 5k

ive cheked on the FAQ section and it states for a 3k or 4k i should start at:

* 130 mains

* 170 air jets

* 50 idle

should i go say 5mm bigger or even 10mm on on each jet or nah?

thanks for helping guys i will appricate it alot! :)

****************************************UPDATE**********************************

woo finally got the weber in..so much diffrence to the stock carby I'm wraped.. can't wait to get another one.

post-10226-1266408503_thumb.jpg

Probably doesnt make any diffrence but i just had to cut it made me feel better inside :fuzz:

post-10226-1266408910_thumb.jpg

Yippie its on :)

post-10226-1266409051_thumb.jpg

Edited by agius

• 4 weeks later...