Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Budget Racer

Featured Replies

  • Author

My son took the car into his work for the weekend and he and his mate got stuck into it.

 

 

post-5916-1267406332_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267406432_thumb.jpg

 

Rust around the back window.

 

post-5916-1267406499_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267406584_thumb.jpg

 

Removing the filler and vent.

 

post-5916-1267406584_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267406744_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267406838_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267406988_thumb.jpg

 

And the other side.

 

post-5916-1267407059_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267407146_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1267406656_thumb.jpg

Edited by ausca62

  • Replies 153
  • Views 129.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • She is back on all four wheels. Next we will be looking at flares to cover those wheels and a front splitter.  

  • A bit more progress today. Slowly coming together.

Posted Images

  • Author

post-5916-1267504104_thumb.jpgA good weekends work

 

post-5916-1267503437_thumb.jpg

 

No more vent.

 

post-5916-1267503505_thumb.jpg

 

No more filler flap.

 

post-5916-1267503591_thumb.jpg

 

Cutting out rust and welding in new pannels

 

post-5916-1267503678_thumb.jpg

 

post-5916-1267503793_thumb.jpg

 

post-5916-1267503886_thumb.jpg

 

The trip home.

 

post-5916-1267504026_thumb.jpg

Love your work mate, cheap and effective.

Will keep your suspension ideas in mind for a little down the track...

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Love your work mate, cheap and effective.

Will keep your suspension ideas in mind for a little down the track...

 

Cheap and effective, I love it. Thanks man.

 

Motor is finally back together and sitting in place.

 

post-5916-1268378865_thumb.jpg

 

post-5916-1268379048_thumb.jpg

 

Hopefully this weekend will be ready to fire up.

 

post-5916-1268379123_thumb.jpg

 

post-5916-1268379222_thumb.jpg

Looking really good!

 

SO i take it colour change to white? Shame I kinda liked the purple :jamie:

  • Author
Looking really good!

 

SO i take it colour change to white? Shame I kinda liked the purple :jamie:

Na I'm thinking blue and yellow, the white is inside and the engine bay. The scrutineers used to have a sook every time they checked it becausethey said it looked dirty. So while the engine was out I thought I would give it a coat of paint.

ah scrutineers.. always focussing on the really important stuff lol

......used to use the dirt to hide a few things I didn't want the scruitineers to see :jamie:

  • Author
ah scrutineers.. always focussing on the really important stuff lol

Adam, have you still got the 35 and if so are you going to do the Phillip Island 6 hour this year?

  • Author
......used to use the dirt to hide a few things I didn't want the scruitineers to see :jamie:

 

My trick is to w8 till they are about to check what I don't want them to check, then hand them my helmet to check and then the log book to sign and they forget all about it :-)

  • Author

A quick question for any one reading this. Because I am using a 2tgeu block there is no provision for a mechanical fuel pump. There for I have fitted a Holley Blue electric pump and a Holley regulator. My question is, what pressure to run the fuel for Webers. I am thinking about 4 to 5 psi. Thanks. Paul

 

post-5916-1268471829_thumb.jpg

 

post-5916-1268471874_thumb.jpg

Edited by ausca62

hey mate you should be able to run up to 10 psi easy if your needle's and seat's are in good nick

webers are notoriously sensitive to pressure. no more than 5psi!

  • Author
webers are notoriously sensitive to pressure. no more than 5psi!

 

Thanks Adam. With the holley reg I could only get it down to about 12psi so I have piggybacked a speco reg and its at about 4.5 psi now.

that should do it.. sadly no ke35 for me any more.. have something else that will turn into a club racer as time and funds permit... but i don't think i will be doing the phillip island 6 hour.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.