June 20, 201016 yr comment_445907 more clickable thumbnails to enjoy ;) front seats out. yes this came without any carpet :dance: middle rear seatbelt has been added, this will get removed. sound deadening in front half of the carpet in all the carpet in, it needs a vacuum yet new front seats in :dance: also turbo setup will be for sale. only due to moving out of home so could use the extra money, plus the mrs can't drive it turbo till she has her full license :blinks: Report
July 6, 201016 yr comment_449867 brightened up a couple of those exhaust manifold pic's. maybe you can see what i was on about now? Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_450347 News update. There was a big article in the local paper about how old cars are death traps. Mrs parents read this article and now want to sell the corolla :) So basically current plans are pull the complete turbo setup of the car and sell it. Give the mrs all of that money as she only paid half for the car anyways. And then I'll be keeping the ke36. Hoping that I can afford to keep it. Matt Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_450355 News update. There was a big article in the local paper about how old cars are death traps. Mrs parents read this article and now want to sell the corolla :) So basically current plans are pull the complete turbo setup of the car and sell it. Give the mrs all of that money as she only paid half for the car anyways. And then I'll be keeping the ke36. Hoping that I can afford to keep it. Matt pftttt corollas cave in pretty well. i wouldnt mind putting some bracing around the fenders/radiator support panel just in case Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_450374 So your pare's are concerned about you driving a 100rwkw 36, but don't care about you driving a 300+kw VL? :P Do they own the other half? Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_450385 Sir, that is crap. Ask them if they believe everything they read. Just because the damn media write an article about it doesnt mean its true. Old vehicles that aren't maintained and have poor braking systems and shagged suspension are death traps for certain. Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_450388 Not my parents. Mine don't care lol. My dad told me to turbo or supercharge the xr haha. And always wanted me to take him for a drive in the vl to show him what it went like. It's her parents. I think her mum always kind of wanted her to have a newer car and the article just helped make up her mind. And I would try talk them into just letting her have it. But I want to stay on her parents goodside. Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_450409 The Ke20-Ae71 Corolla's are one of the most Reliable cars in the World. Sure, they don't have a Driver's Airbag, Traction Control or Stability Management, but that Newspaper Article has "Absolute Crap" written all over it. My Dad has had Ke20's, a Ke26, a Ke36, and Ke70's previously, and has not once Crashed or Written-off either of them. It pretty much comes down to what type of Driver you are. Edited July 9, 201016 yr by ewt Report
July 11, 201016 yr comment_450865 Well at the end of the day it all comes down to either staying on the good side of her parents or not. And I'd much rather be on their good side. Report
July 11, 201016 yr comment_450965 make a deal with her rents man, put better brakes under it, wider wheels on it, take abit of poke out of it and compramise with her mum :( don't sell the rolla, pay her the other half of the car stop spending so much cash on the vl just until you own the rolla hahah Report
July 11, 201016 yr comment_451030 I thought I said we were just going to sell the turbo kit on the car so Nikki can have the money and I can keep the car? Lol. I plan on using it for a daily with the 5k from my other ke36 and a turbo slapped on :( thinking of making the other ke36 a drift car or something. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now