1jz Cressida + Big Turbo

sleepercorty

What work have you done to the cortina's engine man, just curious. 9 seconds, phark yeah!

engine is pretty standard, has au steel headgasket, xr6 valve springs and new rings and bearings. should make 500rwhp on around 20psi, it has the same turbo as the cressida with a bigger exhaust housing.

Members dont see this ad

500rwhp on a stock 4l, using a bbm? i hope u don't plan on doing anymore then one 9sec pass, coz it will have to be on 4billion psi, i think 500hp could be done, but 9's on pulp and a street tyre?

pump fuel is easy to make 500rwhp with 4litres and a 66mm turbo(the cressida makes 437rwhp on 20psi with same turbo with only 2.5 litres on pump fuel), tires will be m/t et street which are a slick but street legal. a mate made 500rwhp with a 4.0litre and same turbo as me on 20psi, so will make somewhere around that.

as for doing more than 1 pass 500rwhp is fairly tame to some of the 4.0litres from up this way, ive seen 630rwhp from a standard el falcon 4.0l with a t51r turbo, and have a mate with a bf typhoon with 750rwhp standard engine. conrods in a 4.0 sohc are bigger than rods in a ba turbo dohc

Edited by sleepercorty

in all the years i have been following and owning sohc 4litre falcons, i have seen 2 make over 500rwhp, both full built motors, and both using a lot more then 20psi, i would love to see this 630hp with the standard el 4l, as for bigger rods in the 4 litre being bigger they are but u will bend one before u bend the ba conrods, and the typhoon does not even count, they stronger everything inside those motors. I'm not saying to u it can't be done, and i think 500 is well possible when u have a good tuner and all the other good bolt on bits, but the 9sec pass u will be pushing in street trim, if u look at for instance the ke20 with the 2j, that thing weighs in the region of 2600pounds or 1180 odd kg, and it takes a little over 1000hp to push it to a 8.0 a 170 mph, now by the time you have a full andra tech 6 point cage and all the other bits u need, you are gonna be real close to wieghing the same if not more already being a bigger car, and making half the horse power how do propose to push this thing to a 9 second pass, even though the radials get sticky they will still wheelspin on big rpm launches, i bid u good luck sir, and when and if it happens i will gladly say i was wrong, but until then this thing may run a 10.90 on a radial in street trim with 500

• Downvote 1

i would love to see this 630hp with the standard el 4l,

even though the radials get sticky they will still wheelspin on big rpm launches,

i bid u good luck sir, and when and if it happens i will gladly say i was wrong,

but until then this thing may run a 10.90 on a radial in street trim with 500

627rwhp.jpg

link to 627rwhp el standard pistons/rods 18psi

i believe oke020 still runs et radial tires, and also know of cars running 7 second passes with et radial tires. so a 9 on radials is pretty common

my mate has a tf cortina street car that makes 530rwhp and runs 9.68. turbo 3.3 crossflow motor standard rods and cast acl pistons

Edited by sleepercorty

i recon you will get a 9 out of that cortina no worries i think gearbox and diff set up play a bigger part be good if you can get it of the line hard and clean that's the battle, my ke30 come shy of making 400hp at treads on low boost with auto i ran 10.3 and had to back off twice so i didn't end up in the wall, but cortina may need the few more pony's to carry the extra weight i suppose, going to be interesting to see how it all goes that's for sure

Edited by MR KE30
  • Downvote 1

I will shake your hand if you can get a bog stock el 4L bottom end too make 500hp, and keep it running longer then say 10 passes before it shits a headgasket or bends a rod

that dyno sheet that i posted for 627rwhp has done more than 10 runs at the track on a stock bottom end, if you had clicked on the link you would not look as silly now

A headgasket is not part of the bottom end. And a blown headgasket does not mean a f@$ked motor either.

headgasket will be fine its all in the tune

i recon you will get a 9 out of that cortina no worries i think gearbox and diff set up play a bigger part be good if you can get it of the line hard and clean that's the battle, my ke30 come shy of making 400hp at treads on low boost with auto i ran 10.3 and had to back off twice so i didn't end up in the wall, but cortina may need the few more pony's to carry the extra weight i suppose, going to be interesting to see how it all goes that's for sure

yeh I'm not really worried as long as it beats the wifes car, i have another project on the go that will make both of these look soft but seeing as there are to many people on here that know everything wont bother sharing it. you probably know what it is but, its green and has two doors and is getting boost