1jz Cressida + Big Turbo

sleepercorty

got atleast 25kg of body deadener out of the car all up, as well as about 25kg of other stuff that wasnt needed. also next time i race will take spare tire and tool box out which is about another 40kg so will be nearly 100kg lighter next time i race.

heres a pic just of the body deadener from the whole car

004-2.jpg

Members dont see this ad
What did you use to get it off, or did it just pull off easily? I guess i should have read this before i asked what you had been doing to it haha.

just used a hammer and chisel, i worked out that if you spend about 5 minutes hitting all over the floor as hard as you can without dinting it that the shock actually separated the sound deadener from the floor and it came off in big sections like this

002.jpg

What did you use to get it off, or did it just pull off easily? I guess i should have read this before i asked what you had been doing to it haha.

hey

theres a few ways to do it mate but i know of 2, the first is heat gun and a scraper this takes a while but it works the other way ive heard of is DRY ICE!!! thats right ive heard if ya put some on the dednar it aparently breaks off and is quick and easy just might explode in ya face :P lol

see ya

jimi

Thanks mate. Yeah ive heard heaps about using dry ice, ive seen a fella here on rollaclub do the same thing really effectivly. With one of my old cars some would peel off really easily, and some spots were really well anchored to the panels.

just used a hammer and chisel, i worked out that if you spend about 5 minutes hitting all over the floor as hard as you can without dinting it that the shock actually separated the sound deadener from the floor and it came off in big sections like this

002.jpg

Thanks. Thats how i have done it in the past too. There were a few spots that had to be scraped off really hard. Bug and tar remover removes the stuff that stuck to the panels, or really strong degreaser lol. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

How you find the car with no sound deadener? I'm thinking of doing it to my car. Just not sure what it'll be like. And dang you gotta be spewing for missing out on a 10 so close. More weight to be pulled out somewhere? Haha.

Also how much power have you been told the 750cc injectors will be good up to? I've got 750cc ones for my vl. Was told 400rwkw on pump fuel or a bit little bit more. Or only 275rwkw with e85