Wheel Rim Question

lph247

Members dont see this ad
You could always get a set of ra40/60/tarago 14x5.5" steelies and mount a set of say 185/60 RE001 adrenalins on it. Give you all the traction you need.

Traction is in the compound not the width.

but it wont look as tuff :wink: actually I don't think that 225/60/13's are available anymore - I'm going back 15 years or so now and all I could get were Bridgstone Eagers in that size.

but it wont look as tuff :wink:

LOL, who cares you can't see them when you are driving anyway. Improving the driving experience is what it is about.

Add a set of chrome trim rings to keep that neat stock sleeper look. Improved production.

It is great fun destroying a "look at me" car through some twisties in a car that looks stock. Cops won't give it a second glance so you can get away with a lot more under the bonnet.

Edited by Felix

It is great fun destroying a "look at me" car through some twisties in a car that looks stock. Cops won't give it a second glance so you can get away with a lot more under the bonnet.

Never had an issue like that. Used to drive sensibly when the coppers were about. When they were not looking........ :wink:

When I was pulled over they couldn't pick the engine change, no pollution gear etc. They were more worried about the car alarm siren under the bonnet.

I'm with you, loved driving away from or chasing some "performance" car through the twisties. Had a guy on the Great Ocean Rd in a turbo Commodore get really frustrated when he couldn't shake me off. Even more embarissing when I wasn't leaving my lane but he was using the whole road like a dick head.

but it wont look as tuff :dance: actually I don't think that 225/60/13's are available anymore - I'm going back 15 years or so now and all I could get were Bridgstone Eagers in that size.

not true if you know where to look you can get lucky i got two 8" wide chromes for a torana and a brand new set of 235/75/R13's the other day from a guy that knew a guy that used to work for a tyre service centre that had some brand new tyres stashed away in his shed still with plastic wrap on them :)

Very true. Good idea to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, not a wolf in wolf's clothing.

not true if you know where to look you can get lucky i got two 8" wide chromes for a torana and a brand new set of 235/75/R13's the other day from a guy that knew a guy that used to work for a tyre service centre that had some brand new tyres stashed away in his shed still with plastic wrap on them :dance:

Yes you can still get them if you look in the right places or are connected, but it's obviously harder now because tyre shops seldom stock them.

Edited by Doogs

they have been stored properly and rubber is still soft

how do you know if they have been stored properly. Were they kept out of direct sunlight? Were they rotated on the shelf so they were not sitting on the same part of the tyre for the last 10 years? etc...