Quickest K Powered Car?

LXY-642

Members dont see this ad

Darren do you think you could have gained much more power with your old setup using water injection and or e85 or was the head at a brick wall flow wise?

Would have picked up a good amount of power with timing, so yeh a high octane fuel would be good, the K's love to detonate

with the prehistoric head design.I am busting to see someone try it...

There gonna be any fuel restriction? Leave it open with a retail $5/litre limit? Be a bit shit if people start spending megabucks on oxygenated fuel just to squeeze a few more HP from a dirty old K. Elf turbomax ran close to $10/litre last I checked! Should be able to get C16, avgas, alcohols and some unleadeds for that kinda price. Otherwise just limit it to E85 and pump fuel?

E85 tunes up as good as C16 in most cases, people have tuned 4cyl motors up to 50+psi on it, and 6cyl well into the 40's

I say no rules, i just want to see someone crack 200rwkw:)

cheers

darren

each to there own had a powerglide in my vlt less gears more fun.

I have a glide in my R31:)before that i had a 3 speed,i will bet my house that a tricked up toyoglide WILL be slower than a

trimatic! You have to run a bigger torque converter for a start, and seeing as though a 5K with cam lift in the 400's

and duration in the 240-250ish mark at .50 and a T28 in the 20's boost wise woudn't reach it till 5000rpm, it will

be a big slippery stall.Thats if you want to go fast. Really though to set K records, you would want a hilux diff, 4.3 ish diff gears, and a T-50 box with a 2 step:)...in a rusty old Ke10 haha

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

il be well pissed if i don't crack 200kw tuner assured me he can do it. but I'm likeing these no rules can wack a bigger turbo nos and charger on.

Cool, but has he done a K motor before?And your forgetting auto sucks power you just lost at least 20rwkw there . I could guarntee it with a A series datsun motor.

Your cam will have to be gigantic, think high 400's lift 114 LSA and duration around 250 @.50..or larger!

Think Matts was bigger 260ish, advertised 310 from memory.

I really like the look of the camtech CT003-507, but with a 114LSA( i would try higher 117ish to help spool like JPC do with vl's), thats what i would try if i did it again, not the shitty Crow blower cam i had in mine, was a absolute pig with 112 lsa

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

yeah either hilux or r31 diff are on the cards 7ket will destroy a stock diff lol

his played with alot of old non cross flow motors. his actually helping with setting up the motor getting me massive discounts on porting and cam.

he is ordering my forges and rods and bearings for me as he can get them alot cheaper.

this wont be a weekend throw together will prolly be about 6 months befor i even turn the key.

was going to be running a megasquirt but its just not gonna cut it so purchased a e11v2 last week for it as i wanna run crank trigger setup and basicaly change everything.

I'm not sure if I'm even gonna run the 7k-e intake mani yet as I'm not sure if its gonna flow enough.

I'm sitting here looking at the t04b but since theres no rules the original plan may come back with this gt30 nos and charger lol goin to be running it in a ke36 pano of all things.

i know the weight will affect my time but meh i like her.

well toyoglides in getting looked at to see what we can do with it. atm its looking positive can be manualised easy as ive bin told and can get kevlar clutches so thats good.

A t04b (if its typical V or H trim comp wheel will not make boost on a K motor,They hardly make any boost on a Sr20 and you can count the boost rising on the guage they come on so slow .... i doubt a G30 would either, and way to big

60Lb of compressor flow for a motor that needs 35lb at most, you need a 2860RS at the most, but with a .64 or .48 T25G exhaust housing...7K intake will be fine

cheers

darren