Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

V8 Rolla Wagon

Featured Replies

Rev alot better and a smaller car is less effort, The mighty 253 is very under estimated, Brothers 253 LX hatch out ran his mates UC 350 4 door.

I'm not saying it's a bad motor or anything like that but I'm just asking.

Wicked, Looks tops! I guess you "might" have enough power there to drop a skid.. :yes:

  • Author
I'm not saying it's a bad motor or anything like that but I'm just asking.

Hi mate i was lookin for a 308 and there was nothing around at the time so i found this 253 that was freshly done which hadnt even been put in a car and had abit done to it.

The fella i got it off had it all done for his sons torana and his son changed his mind and wanted to go chev so i grabbed it.

  • 3 weeks later...

I think I've seen this rolla in Hobart before. Looked like it had an aluminum/stainless steel fuel tank. Like a Torana style fuel tank.

What engine did it have before the V8?

vh commodore struts basically bolt straight in to the rolla, the bolt pattern on the tops fit the original holes, the struts are the same length the springs are the same diameter.

I put kingswood discs on because the commodore discs sat my wheels about half an inch outside the gaurds and the kingswood 1's fitted straight on and brought my wheels back in.

The brake lines of the commodore calipers bolted straight up to the factory metal lines in the rolla.

The only modification i had to do was the bottom commodore control arm had to be shortened to the same length of a rolla 1 because the ball joints are different lengths, the rolla ball joint isnt long enough to go through the bottom of the strut.

The steering bolts straight up in the same place aswell.

 

So your running rack and pinion steering from a commodore too? Got any better shots of the engine bay?

  • Author
I think I've seen this rolla in Hobart before. Looked like it had an aluminum/stainless steel fuel tank. Like a Torana style fuel tank.

What engine did it have before the V8?

Yeah mate i had a fake stainless drop tank awhile back under it and it had a 3t 5 speed in it. :)

Are you running rack and pinion steering?

wats the camber like?

did the vh struts give you positive camber?

was talking to a mate about this today. he helped a another mate put commodore struts in his old ke35. he was saying the commodore strut top bolts were about 1mm out. and he had camber issues. and the only advantage he had was the brakes.

  • 8 months later...

Hi I'm new to this site so i thought i would put abit up about my 77 rolla wagon I'm currently doing.

I've put a worked 253 holden v8 in with a shortened 336 commodore diff and commodore struts with kinga discs and running 18x8 custom wheels.

So far it has been a pretty easy build I'm just at the stage of body work so it can get painted.

The car is being sprayed the color the engine bay is.

 

 

Hey mate wh did u get to shorten yur diff

vh commodore struts basically bolt straight in to the rolla, the bolt pattern on the tops fit the original holes, the struts are the same length the springs are the same diameter.

I put kingswood discs on because the commodore discs sat my wheels about half an inch outside the gaurds and the kingswood 1's fitted straight on and brought my wheels back in.

The brake lines of the commodore calipers bolted straight up to the factory metal lines in the rolla.

The only modification i had to do was the bottom commodore control arm had to be shortened to the same length of a rolla 1 because the ball joints are different lengths, the rolla ball joint isnt long enough to go through the bottom of the strut.

The steering bolts straight up in the same place aswell.

 

Hey mate could u send me some pics of how your front steering bolts up, cause I'm currently boltin some vh struts in my rolla and I'm havin abit of trouble.

Cheers

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.