May 11, 201016 yr comment_436422 So, in my time on Rollaclub, ive noticed countless posts that have had a total lack of: - Understandable spelling - Proper punctuation & - Proper sentences. Does anybody else find they end up with a headache attempting to read a bunch of words with no punctuation? I wont go naming names or picking on certain people who do this time after time as that is totally unfair. This is simply a pet peeve that i hope some people can rectify. As this is a recurring problem, i think it is about time somebody complained about this. I am completely sick of reading, for instance, a for sale thread that does not have a single comma, full stop or capital letter within it. As many of us read exactly what we see, it makes it rather tough to read something that is all one sentence. I seem to run out of breath within my head and become confused as to what was actually said. So please, before you post something, at the very least, check that you have put some full stops and commas in your sentences, to stop the nightmare of having to re-read information THREE times before it registers. If anybody else reading this has any input on the subject or would like to add any common errors that people seem to make, feel free. This is a public forum and the more feedback we receive, the better off our online community will be. Please, feel free to PM me if you are unsure as to what is appropriate in terms of grammar and punctuation, as i will gladly help :yes:. Thank you for reading this! :hmm: Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436424 I use Firefox spell checker so kiss my ass :yes: Ha, I had wrote firefox and I thought how could firefox say that I have it wrong, Well I didn't use a capital did I. Report
May 11, 201016 yr Author comment_436425 Ah Trev, beating the system, good job! Honestly, it's less about the spelling, more along the lines of punctuation and proper sentences. I understand if people are dud spellers, some can't help it. Also Trev, you were meant to say "I had *written* firefox" or "I typed firefox" :yes: Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436426 Totally agree, as do the admin of the site, and hence its actually included i the forum rules. Unfortunatley in the age of "Text speak" we now live in, some people think its fine to write posts like they would sms's. I don't struggle quite as much as some (I'm 28), but some of the older guys (who are also wiser who have answers to questions) can be quite reluctant to reply to a thread if they can't understand it. So at the end of the day its the OP's problem that they won't get the answer they require, purely through the fact they can't use proper spelling and grammar. Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436427 Gold. Here's my spelling/grammar pet peeves; -alot -loose instead of lose -would of. I would of done this, I would of done that..... It's would HAVE people, would HAVE! Or you can use an apostrophe for would've! would've, could've, should've. Edited May 11, 201016 yr by philbey Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436428 Ah Trev, beating the system, good job! Honestly, it's less about the spelling, more along the lines of punctuation and proper sentences. I understand if people are dud spellers, some can't help it. Also Trev, you were meant to say "I had *written* firefox" or "I typed firefox" :hmm: I said I have spell checker not sentence checker :yes: EDIT: Rules have been fixed... Edited May 11, 201016 yr by Trev Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436431 Well, now that we have national literacy testing (as of this week actually) there should theoretically be less kids escaping high school with a grade 3 comprehension of the English they speak and write. As for the current generation of post-graduate f@$kups, I will continue to berate, ridicule and correct them until they make an effort to better themselves for THEIR OWN benefit, if for no other reason than to spite the system that failed them and their selfish parents who didn't take an active enough role in their child's education. /old man rant Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436432 Where's Evan when we need him, he'd be furiously reading this trying to find some errors, I'm an old bastard but i seem to understand most but if it's obvious someone has put no effort in i just give up. PS i can't spell to save myself Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436434 Where's Evan when we need him, He'd be furiously reading this trying to find some errors, I'm an old bastard but i seem to understand most but if it's obvious someone has put no effort in I just give up. PS I can't spell to save myself Hi, I am Evan, I fixed your mistakes :yes: Report
May 11, 201016 yr Author comment_436435 Hi, I am Evan, I fixed your mistakes :yes: HA! Trev, incorrectly too! :hmm: Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436436 Where's Evan when we need him, he'd be furiously reading this trying to find some errors, I'm an old bastard but i seem to understand most but if it's obvious someone has put no effort in i just give up. PS i can't spell to save myself +1 If I read a tech question and the OP has really bad spelling/grammar I rarely bother replying. Report
May 11, 201016 yr Author comment_436437 Where's Evan when we need him, he'd be furiously reading this trying to find some errors, I'm an old bastard but i seem to understand most but if it's obvious someone has put no effort in i just give up. PS i can't spell to save myself Your spelling looks pretty good to me. At least your typing is legible :yes: Report
May 11, 201016 yr comment_436439 HA! Trev, incorrectly too! :hmm: How? EDIT: I just realized I missed an I. Also is that the correct Australian spelling for realized, I thought it was realised. Your spelling looks pretty good to me. At least your typing is legible :yes: No spelling mistakes in that post he made, Just didn't use capitals. Edited May 11, 201016 yr by Trev Report
May 11, 201016 yr Author comment_436441 How? EDIT: I just realized I missed an I. Also is that the correct Australian spelling for realized, I thought it was realised. No spelling mistakes in that post he made, Just didn't use capitals. Trev, there was also a capital you put in that didn't need to be there. You put in "He'd" after a comma, no need for the capital letter mate. :yes: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now