Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Silver Ke 50

Featured Replies

  • Author

So I've been taking advantage of the week off, by playing engines. The 4k I put in in july doesn't have a heap of puff. Also has a lovely timing chain rattle on start up when hot.

 

A few months ago I got a set of STD pistons and rings cheap off e-gay. A few weeks ago I picked up a 4k to use as a base.

 

Plan is to keep it standard.

 

Today I heated up the old pistons in sump oil, (using a wok burner) pushed out the gudgeon pins, honed, cleaned, refitted and replaced.

 

On the head, I'm going to put in some new valve stem oil seals, lap the valves and get it skimmed.

 

Then reassemble and should have a nice, tight, slow and reliable POS.

post-9793-063296600 1293519647_thumb.jpg

post-9793-041471200 1293519732_thumb.jpg

post-9793-032147600 1293519783_thumb.jpg

post-9793-052803900 1293519845_thumb.jpg

post-9793-056778800 1293519908_thumb.jpg

post-9793-081865600 1293519979_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 117
  • Views 89.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i thinks a decent sized cam should be inserted and tickle the head?

i put a torquey cam in mine when i rebuilt it, regret not putting a bigger one in there!

  • Author

A mild regrind wouldn't hurt, just to compensate for the aircon!

Point taken.

 

I'm doing a budget build, keeping the job as cheap as possible.

 

I've also got a 20 thou over set of pistons. If I extract a digit one day, I'll build up the motor coming out of the humpback.

 

That'll get a bore, balance and a mild cam grind.

 

This'll just make it reliable.

  • Author

But if it's a stocker a cam like that would be perfect

 

I've converted the timing case to bolts, so when Evan gets the shits with his cam, which he already has, I'll grab that.

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! :lol: sticking to std carby?

  • Author

Standard 3k ATM. Will get a kit through it eventually.

Good stuff Boo. Should put a cam in it :P (jumping on the bandwagon)

 

Will be a sweet little ride when it's in.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

When I cleaned up the T18 rims i realised they were a dark silver colour

 

I ended up painting the rims body colour, a lighter shade of silver 'cause I had the paint laying around...and I'm a tight arse. :rolls:

 

Got the tyres fitted and put them on today. When bolting up the fronts, I found they hit the calliper, just. I had to do something I didn't like doing. I ground off the lip on the calliper. Was only a couple of mills and should't affect the calliper.

 

It's jammed up in the drive way so I took a teaser shot.

 

Oh, and I can already hear the suggestions of lower it etc.

 

Trust me, it is highly unlikely that'll happen!!

post-9793-058269000 1295426370_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bamboo

pm me for your lowering needs!

  • Author

staying on stilts.

 

Granny all the way!

  • Author

Grannies can go down to if they want to :P

 

Although I much prefer it when they pop the falsies out.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.