Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Silver Ke 50

Featured Replies

My new barn find, the humpback.

 

My brother mentioned a while back he'd be interested in the 'rolla thing. He'd saved up some money, so I said I'd keep my eyes peeled. That's where the trouble began. I was surfing all the usual car sites and I found the fidy. It's a little tired, drives well two owner machine. It's had a g'box rebuild, callipers, starter and alternator done.

 

My brother is now buying my '35

 

Plans are to employ some of uncle shadies patented crap remover, fix up the little bits of rust,cut and polish, regas the a/c, get it regoed and then start messing with it. I think , maybe lower with my wagon rims widened and whitewalls.

I love UGLY!

post-9793-1275111518_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1275111597_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1275111691_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1275111768_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1275111844_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1275111919_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1275112252_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1275112326_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 117
  • Views 89.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very nice!

Nice find Bamboo, was this the one on carsales by any chance?

 

There was ke 50 at pick pay n go a while back however the wrecker has now closed down. Very disappointing.

 

I like this already and know it will only get better!

  • Author
Nice find Bamboo, was this the one on carsales by any chance?

 

There was ke 50 at pick pay n go a while back however the wrecker has now closed down. Very disappointing.

 

I like this already and know it will only get better!

 

Yeah, carsales. Lets just say I waited a few weeks before going and didn't pay anything near the asking.

 

Bad thing about pick, pay. Never went there but it was on my list of places to visit. Luckily the humpback running gear is exactly the same as my 35 so my brothers car might find a few parts being taken :blinks:

Nice score, i wanted to buy this one off car sales but two rollas is enough for now. Very keen to see how this progresses :blinks:

These things are so damn ugly you can't help but love them :blinks:

am i the only one who reckons the front looks better than anyother 30/55?

  • Author

Little known fact. Tailgate struts in a KE50 are identical to tailgate struts in Mitsubishi Colts and 2nd gen Hyundai excels. Early Hyundai's are just Mitsubishi clones anyway! I just had to cut off a bracket at one end. Oh and spend a couple of hours at centre road wreckers looking at and measuring every car with tailgate struts. Went with the Mitsubishi ones to keep that Japanese feeling.

 

Now I stand erect! Or at least the tailgate does.

 

Also front seat belts are the same as an early KE30 sedan. I can see a lot more mixing and matching parts in my future!

post-9793-1275220124_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Things are progressing. I finally sorted my water pump, 3k pump from ebay, 37 bucks delivered.

 

Chucked on some new pads and wheel cylinders on (KE50's are not listed) matched them up with poobird cylinders.

 

ripped out the interior and gernied the f@$k out of it. Just tackling the bodywork before RWC.

 

When I was gerni-ing under the guards, one of those magnetic key holders fell out. Bonus spare key!

 

Does a ke rolla exist that doesn't rust near the boot seals?

 

Oh and I'm showing off my 1977 sound system

post-9793-1276256097_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1276256217_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1276256296_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1276256444_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1276256729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bamboo

I'm liking the progress Boo, ironically that tape deck is identical to the original unit fitted in dads old Liteace van. I'm guessing you are re registering the car with the original rego too?

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

love the ke50 :)

(hint: looks good in nissan pulsar blue)

I've got a ke55p (same model, different name + 4k)

stock fm radio and tape player ftw

 

 

oh yes, one other thing; rust is a shitter, i had it in both my front guards in the bottom section closest to the door, as well as above both my tail lights, in the plenum chamber on the passengers side and we had to make a whole new section (from front to back) on the bottom of the l/h door

  • Author
I'm liking the progress Boo, ironically that tape deck is identical to the original unit fitted in dads old Liteace van. I'm guessing you are re registering the car with the original rego too?

 

Yeah, I don't think Toyota put their names on radios until the 80's. I've got a little mp3 transmitter that plugs into the cig lighter, so I'll hide some speakers in the back where the originals are and use the original FM. I haven't checked the tape deck yet, but I've got heaps of old tapes :)

 

The rego. I really want to use it, but I think vicroads charges 400 bucks to re-issue the plates, even though I have the plates. My hardtop has original B/W plates and was registered 1 month before this one. That will cost 90 bucks to transfer, so economics may dictate me going with that. It's a shame because the plates are in such good nick. Maybe one day!

  • Author
love the ke50 :)

(hint: looks good in nissan pulsar blue)

I've got a ke55p (same model, different name + 4k)

stock fm radio and tape player ftw

 

 

oh yes, one other thing; rust is a shitter, i had it in both my front guards in the bottom section closest to the door, as well as above both my tail lights, in the plenum chamber on the passengers side and we had to make a whole new section (from front to back) on the bottom of the l/h door

 

My doors are cool. Looks like it had a hit and repair in the 80's. Drivers door is red inside,

 

I've been doing alot of mix and matching of parts. Boot seal is very similar to corona liftback. Also the liftback boot release is the same. Cable from the drivers seat!

 

Have you got a picture of the bars that the back seat locks onto. I've modded some from an N10 pulsar, but I want originals.

 

Your blue machine looks the business!!

 

Mine will stay silver. But I think it'll need a spray soon!

those key holders must have been the in thing coz 1 the exact same lookng one came out of my front bumper!! bonus spare is the goods..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.