Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small update.

Finally got the number plates re issued. Shiniest thing on the car. Still waiting for Melbourne's drought breaking winter to end, before I attempt paint.

Also re wired the cig lighter to accessory power so my radio/usb player actually turns off with the ignition. Managed to blow a radio fuse and found out the radio fuse is the mini 5 amp type last seen on really old holdens. Got some tin foil and a regular size tube fuse and adapted.

Then went to the supermarket and spied a stock ke55, I had to park next to it. Got the phone out and took a couple of snaps. Grainy, but give that 1970's brochure feeling.

Inside the '55 was stock with a traumatic. Had the original console with tape deck.

post-9793-1282991283_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1282991314_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1282991364_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bamboo

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it, but I think those 17's do look best. But only because they fill those capacious guards. It really needs to come down a bit doesn't it.

But then you wouldn't be able to get your Hoosier motorkhana wheels on. I did wonder what that was for when I saw it last weekend!

I finally cracked. It's taken six week, and I thought I'd be fine, but I just couldn't cut it.

The 1977 stereo system was just too much. Dealing with bad reception, having to redail channels in and the unmistakable sound of 3 speaker mono. At first I replaced the rear speakers, then squeezed in 2 four inch speakers where the single speaker was in the dash.

It still didn't cut it. So I conceded that I had to upgrade the stereo. I had an old sony head unit laying around, so in it went. In keeping with there is no way I'm chopping up my dash, I mounted it near the passenger kick panel. So I've found a use for the remote. Just can't change cds while on on the move. Doesn't matter. I've got an mp3 radio transmitter and the head unit can play mp3 discs.

Oh and now? It's 100 times better.

I've had this cranking all day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KSzjQBpU6A

post-9793-093679200 1284278711_thumb.jpg

post-9793-079450300 1284278795_thumb.jpg

post-9793-057843100 1284278865_thumb.jpg

post-9793-012352400 1284278959_thumb.jpg

post-9793-047490600 1284279028_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an update, just the little things you do. I was getting sick of the crappy illumination from the dash. Surfed around and found these suckers. $4.80 posted from Hong Kong for 10 globes.

Some of the ones on Aussie sites were $17.95 for 5 globes.

Now I can actually see my dash at night.

Other than that, I've just been anally retentive, fixing all the rattles and leaks so it's a pleasant drive, ready for King Lake. As soon as Melbourne comes up with some decent weather, I'll start painting panels to make it look presentable....from a distance.

post-9793-064402200 1285414440_thumb.jpg

Melbourne had a warm day. :dance:

Just enough to show me how hot the rear glass can make things. So I got the windows tinted, today! I went to book it in, and the guy had time, so it's done.

When I dropped it off, I rode back on my pushy. Hence the shit handing off the towbar. At least the 'Rolla towbar is good for something.

post-9793-092167700 1285496989_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...