January 3, 201214 yr Author comment_574983 Here you go Teddy. Just some pictures of dismantling the thing, inside, the worst of the rust... so far. New rear coilovers (will reenforce rear shock towers later on when cage goes in) Oh and found out what the original colour looks like so will be most likely painting it that colour again. Report
January 22, 201214 yr Author comment_579513 So very little has changed since these pictures, but I should be getting some rx7 front brakes this week slap them on and then will be ready to go to a mate from works place to start the conversion. Still unsure if I will remove firewall to move the engine back further, will see when time comes to it, I do know that radiator support will probably be cut out and make a new removable one for easy access if the engine ever needs to come out. Report
January 22, 201214 yr comment_579524 That rust came back pretty bad, bummer man! Loving this car by the way, can't wait to see it do a skid. Videos for sure. Report
January 23, 201214 yr Author comment_579590 Rust isn't as abd as it looks but will see once I get the windows out, but that is pretty much the worst of it. Wasn't there some rust in the roof or something that got "repaired"? Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_579716 Firewall isnt really necessary, doesn't need to be that far back. Actually depending what box you go. Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_579720 One thing i can suggest is leave the door cards on, Trust me it really hurts when you smack your elbow on the sharp door cut outs when it flicks out :n: Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_579736 Rust isn't as abd as it looks but will see once I get the windows out, but that is pretty much the worst of it. Wasn't there some rust in the roof or something that got "repaired"? I don't really remember the rust when AJ had it, though the guys at the local panel beating shop supposedly cut it out and fixed it. Clearly they didn't do a very good job if it has come back already. Report
January 23, 201214 yr Author comment_579772 Pecky, ye will probably just cut tunnel to fit gearbox and maybe a bit of firewall to move it back a tiny bit more. Haven't actually seen the box yet, still have to have a look at it. And Rian I think the rust that got repaired was in the roof, but will see when the outside of the shell is stripped, still thinking about sandblasting it... And will just make up some aluminum door cards, found heaps of it at work. Edited January 23, 201214 yr by 19914afc Report
December 8, 201213 yr Author comment_639151 Shit this has been a while, haha. Done a bit, but not much in the last week because I bought a new bike, had to go do Q ride to get R license and then put a temp gauge and tacho on bike because it had none. Here are some pictures because I couldn't be bothered typing everything I've done, haha There are more but couldn't be bothered uploading them, haha. Here's one of my new toy :) Report
December 8, 201213 yr comment_639153 Man those fins/spirit wheels are nice, if you ever want to sell them just holla at me ;) Everything is looking awesome! Though it doesn't look like you have much room for headers? Report
December 9, 201213 yr Author comment_639197 Headers just fit on pass side drivers needed cutting up and reroute the outlet look rough but will do the job. I do want to sell the fins as I want to get a set of superlites they make them in 15x8 and in 5 stud so I'll have matching wheels all round for circuit days at lakeside or QR. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now