Lucy The 4Age 55

Chillin

So I've been hard at work buying all the parts. Today i mounted the t50 using the k-series x-member. looks to measure up quite well. enjoy

Scored some almost new tractors

uncut loom for a steal

clutch gear and a few other goodies

all i need now is the engine mounts from NZ and the girl is ready to mount up

post-11193-0-06163100-1324882030_thumb.jpg

post-11193-0-84695200-1324882119_thumb.jpg

post-11193-0-83288100-1324882243_thumb.jpg

post-11193-0-49533300-1324882433_thumb.jpg

post-11193-0-09342800-1324882574_thumb.jpg

post-11193-0-67870000-1324882667_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Good to hear you're still at it man! Don't give up!

You planning to get this back on the road?

yeah everyone goes through spells, I was almost at breaking point to sell up but a few mates brought me back to the game haha. Looking forward to it!

Um this car on the road looks like a no go, its defected and i have done some pretty stupid things to her that can not be reversed. Towards the future after I get the setup running well I'm hoping to re-shell into another 4 door.

But at this point of time everything will be kept on track as i have very tough conditions on my license atm and my job depends on it.

My 86 alloy radiator should arrive this week sometime so mounting it up next weekend will be the next challenge. :yes:

yeah everyone goes through spells, I was almost at breaking point to sell up but a few mates brought me back to the game haha. Looking forward to it!

Um this car on the road looks like a no go, its defected and i have done some pretty stupid things to her that can not be reversed. Towards the future after I get the setup running well I'm hoping to re-shell into another 4 door.

But at this point of time everything will be kept on track as i have very tough conditions on my license atm and my job depends on it.

My 86 alloy radiator should arrive this week sometime so mounting it up next weekend will be the next challenge. :yes:

What exactly is this irreversible thing you have done? :S

The strut tower tops have been drilled out to suit 86 pcd, holes where old rear bumper was have have been welded over..... with 20 cent pieces haha, guards have been pumped 35mm extra on the rear causing the seem to split, trans tunnel mods, various rust spots left too long. With all that it must go over pits again for a defect

Its all fixable to an extent, but the price/ time i would pay is almost worth going to another shell and using the existing car as the donor. All bolt on parts are in good condish, just the shell has issues to be fixed

........ or maybe just re-plate and problem is solved

Lol chillin me been thinking the same when it.comes to working on my 55 almost want to sell up and keep my daily goin and people tell me not to cause I will regret it so with mine its a rebuild that will take.a.while to.start lol keep up your work mate it should come out well

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it is the end of the road for this old girl. Rust is turning up everywhere :( not easy fix's too, front rails do not look good, either does the gutters. Living on the Gold Coast with such and old car is difficult, especially when i used to drive her to the beach everyday . The salt air took it's toll

example rear window sill

post-11193-0-52179800-1326000802_thumb.jpg

post-11193-0-09129300-1326000845_thumb.jpg

post-11193-0-26036000-1326000946_thumb.jpg

Yeah, fair call man. Just thought maybe it was an option. Try find another shell from inland somewhere?

That's the plan! gona sell the 4age package, save a little more and pick up a g-spec one, add white walls and just drive it. I'll be back in a corolla, it will just take time to find the rite one