Redrilling 4x100 To 4x110

RUNNL8

Hi,

Could someone tell me if it's possible to redrill a 4x100 PCD to a 4x110, or even a 4x114.3 PCD to a 4x110?

If so, rough price and where it can be done in SA, would be great.

If you have had it done, or can do it, would like to hear from you also.

Looking at buying simmons and having this done, possibly FR's, and much cheaper in 4x100 or 4x114.3, than the annoying 4x110.

Thanks in advance.

Members dont see this ad

there are inserts that exist, so that you can drill an oversize hole in the 110 pattern that will eliminate the 114.3/100 pattern, then you put the steel inserts in and your problem is fixed.

a fair bit of dicking around to do though.

Check out the Adelaide wheel and rim works on south road, they're your best bet for this sort of work.

Thanks Philbey, will do.

Not keen on adaptors, there illegal I'm pretty sure.

Also I can't see how changing your Hub, discs, rear drums, diff etc, etc to a different stud pattern could be cheaper at all? But I'm happy to be corrected on that.

Thanks for everyone's info. Would be great to hear from anyone in SA who has actually had this done, or something similar....

Adaptors no problem, why 100 to 110....114.3 would be a better option for getting a wider variety of wheels to suit. I think bolt on adaptors are legal so long as the track doesnt go past the allowed 1" extra but correct me if I'm wrong.

I've heard that's its easier to redrill a PCD that's lower than what you need, but I would be happy to redrill either.

I'm still not sure about adaptors being legal, I hear lots of mixed reports. Coudl someone confirm if they are illegal or legal in SA?

Thanks Philbey, will do.

Not keen on adaptors, there illegal I'm pretty sure.

Also I can't see how changing your Hub, discs, rear drums, diff etc, etc to a different stud pattern could be cheaper at all? But I'm happy to be corrected on that.

Thanks for everyone's info. Would be great to hear from anyone in SA who has actually had this done, or something similar....

You only need to change your hubs and get ke30 axles and shorten them 5mm each side.

If it's a 20-25 that is... If your running around in a ke1x then you can't use the axle trick in the rear. The front is the same though.

It's a very simple job on a 20-25, would set you up for later wheel changes and really, won't be all that different in price to getting everything redrilled etc. I'm not sure about SA but re drilling to suit a different pattern is illegal anyway, also, bolt on spacers are illegal here too. SA seem to be a bit more relaxed on somethings, sent your rta equivalent an email to sort it out.

JP

Looking at buying simmons and having this done, possibly FR's, and much cheaper in 4x100 or 4x114.3, than the annoying 4x110.

So you have a KE1X or KE2X with 4x110 right?

If so you'd be crazy to want to re-drill simmons...... considering you could just find a set from an early Mazda RX (and it seems 50% of early RX's have simmons :) ) in 4x110.

Spacers (slip on or bolt on) are illegal in all states AFAIA.

So you have a KE1X or KE2X with 4x110 right?

If so you'd be crazy to want to re-drill simmons...... considering you could just find a set from an early Mazda RX (and it seems 50% of early RX's have simmons :) ) in 4x110.

Spacers (slip on or bolt on) are illegal in all states AFAIA.

I actually own a Mazda RX3, so it's not quite as simple as changing components to suit a different PCD, or a cheap thing to do, considering how expensive the parts are for these.

I could buy a set of simmons with a 4x110PCD already, but just being that stud pattern at least double the price.

For instance you can get a set of 16" F90's in a 5 stud pattern for around $700-$1000 with tyres easy, but if you want to buy the exact same rim in a 4x110PCD, it will cost you $3000 if not even more.

So was looking at options to save some money, if I could get them redrilled for around $400 or lease, I'd rather spend the extra money on the engine.

• 2 weeks later...

depending on the shape of the center of the wheel (whether its flat or curved, and if the stud holes are set in or open) we used to buy blank wheels and take them to a professional fabricator who drilled the stud patterns in for us....and also lined them up perfectly with the center bore. and it only cost us about 20 bucks a wheel. but not sure how many other places would do it.