Removing Sound Deadener

Trev

Yesterday I had to remove the sound deadener from my cousins Z32 drag car so black jack can be put down, instead of wasting money on dry ice and sitting there half the day chipping away at it we got to it with the air chisel and in under 30 mins I had the front and rear seating area stripped, Here are the results:

post-1373-1277454786_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1277454794_thumb.jpg

And the car...

post-1373-1277455115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev

Members dont see this ad
WTF!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE TURBO"S :yes:

They are only 86's, Cousin wanted to run Schweitzer turbo's but only had the 1 and had heaps of holsets.

Watch out dogs and small children!!

That's a nice finish with the air hammer, definately the way to do it!

I have seen dry ice take 6 hours and it was a smaller amount to remove.

becareful with the holsets. we have been changing them very frequently at work due to the intake impeller braking into 2 peices and jamming against the turbo housing

Cousin is a retired cummins mechanic, He has fixed many of holsets, It's just like everything that gets old, There was one on the counter of torque power with a exploded turbine housing.

i want to do this in my daily ke70, strip the carpet out and just have a nice bare metal. makes it look more like a race car :lol: . does it need carpet to be road worthy? i can't really see why not

Edited by Mason.

i want to do this in my daily ke70, strip the carpet out and just have a nice bare metal. makes it look more like a race car :lol: . does it need carpet to be road worthy? i can't really see why not

I think because if it doesn't have carpet the person providing roadworthy thinks "This person wants it to look like a race car"?

When we did sound deadening with dry ice, spread the pellets out. Wait 10mins and give it a few hits with the hammer and it just comes off in big chunks.

Isn't it like 60 bucks for a bucket of pellets?

you need carpet or some sort of "anti slip surface" at least for the drivers feet area to pass a RWC in NSW.

if you put aluminium checkerplate down and attach it properly and its all nice and neat I think it will pass (will have to check the phrasing of the RTA AIS station guidlines in the big orange book).

Robert.