Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Great Ocean Road Trip Discussion Thread

Featured Replies

ok mechanic has called me and has told me that my car is in no shape to be driven due a few things, i am trying really hard to see if i can get the parts to get this thing going, but apparently the exauhst gasket is gone and he can't get another one untill next week...

 

My dad seemed to have a used one sitting around here and it seems to be in ok condition, so I am going to go get the car now and try and get it all done and together...

 

If i can't fix the exauhgst leak he said the car will not make it

  • Replies 354
  • Views 114.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Shame to hear Jp :( I'm up for head re-tension mid cruise bahahahahha.

Posted Images

jamie, i've got an aftermarket inlet/exhaust gasket in the cupboard, the shitty two piece ones from bursons.

 

or you could go to bursons yourself and see if they have any in stock?

 

or i can try and track down a genuine one thru my parts guy if you'd like? should be around 35/40 bucks.

 

bugger it, just sent you a text.

Edited by dfunkt

Cheers mate I just sent one back, will let you know how I go and if i need to head on down tonight...

 

This forum is like a family, gotta love it!!

This forum is like a family, gotta love it!!

 

how true, i adopted a brother for the week lol

how true, i adopted a brother for the week lol

 

he's only a little bit speshul :lolcry: but we still lub him :laff:

he's only a little bit speshul :lolcry: but we still lub him :laff:

 

Ay :)

Edited by webers4x48

Well the manifold was as loose as a goos, the 2 middle bolts were need to be screwed in around another 10mm :blinks: the leak is still slightly there but it is a million times better, I couldnt get any form of spanner or socket into the end bolts :glare: so I didnt actually put another gaset in it, my dad and I just couldnt get the 2 end bolts out!

 

So it is still leaking a little bit, but no where near as bad, and my dad thinks it should be fine, It is also ideling alot alot alot better... Still need to suss out the over heating at the moment but I have all day to do that, so I should be sweet..

 

Thanks heaps guys for all your help

hey mate, got those radiators in my car. wil give you a call in a bit.

Nps I'm bout to head to karova so I'm in town at the moment

oh hurry up oready GOR! I'm starting to get the itches

  • Author

I'm itchy... But it's not because of gor ;)

 

Well, it's just past midnight and dfunkt just went home... And it's still running like a bag o shite.

 

At least the excels got a big boot to fit all the goodies bags!

 

See you all Saturday morning, 8am meet up for a no later than 9am departure!

 

JP

Might as well end all the talk of head gaskets and over heating......

 

 

 

......Just blew my front uni. And i just have to have a jap diff and tailshaft...

Ok fixed the over heating issue, got a radiator off of Clown and it works a treat! barely moves from the first line =] and that was for a decent 30 minute drive at 100km/h so I amm quite happpy with that... =]

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.